Wilson Irons

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Just after a bit of advice really please. I'm an occasional poor left handed golfer, play once a month at most, but really enjoy it when I do get to play. Use a couple of old'ish Ping G20 driver and 3 wood, and some very old Ping Eye-2 irons. I'm looking for some super game improvement irons, and on a budget. In the past I've always enjoyed hitting Wilson irons, pretty forgiving, and long too. I have seen the D200 irons which look nice, but struggling to find a second hand set in left hand. Left-handed golf are doing the D250 irons for £199.00. Anybody able to give me comparisons with the D200 irons? Many thanks.

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Yeah had seen that, but thanks spongebob. Basically look like the same iron, so £199 from Lefthandedgolf looks a decent deal.

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I play off 8 and most of my bag is Wilson Staff, their Irons are as good as anything out there. Haven’t hit the D250s ( I play the FG Tour F5s) but from what I hear they are excellent game improvement Irons. For that money you can not go wrong. I don’t think Wilson Staff get a fair look in when it comes to their equipment, it’s excellent.

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
The FG Tour F5's look a lovely club! Most of the reviews I see online are good for Wilson, and the prices are really competitive.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I used the D200s for a year when I first started out and they are decent clubs to use.

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Yeah, I had a hit of the D200's, very easy to hit, and pretty long too. From the looks of it, not much of a difference to the 250's. I'd like the D300's, but can't justify the money with the amount I play.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you are just an occasional golfer one would question why you are ditching one of the best set of clubs ever made.

The only real difference between them and a lot of modern game improvement irons is that the heads will have different number on the bottom for the loft and the shafts will be slightly longer. Modern clubs may have lighter weight shafts which may suit you.

The only thing that might be wrong with you clubs is that the shafts no longer match each other.

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Initially as a beginner I had a set of Keno irons. I only have one iron left, the 7 iron, and find that more forgiving than my eye 2's. The eye 2's are a blue spot which may also not suit me.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yeah had seen that, but thanks spongebob. Basically look like the same iron, so £199 from Lefthandedgolf looks a decent deal.
Sadly I think Lefthandedgolf may be your best bet as retailers, especially for second hand clubs are limited. You could have a look at Golfbidder for a comparison and see if they have any other models worth a second glance

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
I have seen this morning American Golf are doing the Callaway XR irons for £199. Hoping they have them in stock at Exeter so I can have a hit, see how they go.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Initially as a beginner I had a set of Keno irons. I only have one iron left, the 7 iron, and find that more forgiving than my eye 2's. The eye 2's are a blue spot which may also not suit me.

It easy to check if they are the right colour code for you, just look at a ping height code chart. If they are the right colour code it is worth checking you get the new clubs with the correct lie/length adjustment.

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Thanks for the heads up on the C200's! Just invested. Bit more tech on the C200's with the flex face, so took the plunge!!!

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I use the c200s and there a great set of irons and at a very competitive price, you won't be disappointed with them that's for sure

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Thanks casuk. Played 18 holes Saturday, first nine was pinging my borrowed Ping G25's, second nine, game fell apart a bit in the increased wind (nothing to do with the G25's, really nice iron).

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Was expecting my C200's today 4-PW from Online Golf. Just the 4 iron arrived!!! Disappointed, was looking forward to hitting them at the range tonight. Having to return the 4 iron, then they'll send out the full set of irons.