Why Me?

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Driving down the high-street tonight, as I get to debenhams a woman just emerges from the doorway and pushes a pram straight out infront of me.

Its wet/icy and a paving slab surface so with no opportunity to brake so had no alternative than to park the o/s of my car into a lampost nailing the wing, sill and drivers door, ripping off the moulding and smashing the mirror in the process.

The woman then proceeded to shout and holler at me despite my selfless efforts to avoid squashing the very child that she pushed out infront of me without looking.

I now have a £300 or so repair bill.

Why are people so stupid.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A person can be intelligent - people are stupid.

if we knew why we'd be millionaires.

Unlucky Mate - couldn't you have turned just a little bit and winged her instead of the kid?

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
bluddy hell I thought I had a bad day when my phone fell into one of my bags 14 way full length dividers meaning I couldn't get it out without damaging either it or the bag and even then it was a lot of hassle.

Sorry to hear this though, I take it you are none to pleased- the pleasures of driving eh?

Anyway some people just seem to have a death wish don't they- Imurg has a point.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Driving home tonight I had a cyclist (yep, I know we hate cyclists, but I am one too), bounce off the curb into the middle of the road in front of my merc today, in the dark. Ok, he had lights, but one minute on the pavement, the next in the middle of the road. How am I supposed to know what he is doing.

Jon, I feel for you. It is becoming more andmore prevalent that wimmin use prams as weapons. Every one should have to carry insurance.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think they should change the law so women have to back up to the road prior to crossing when pushing a kid, anyone caught pushing a kid into the road should be fined £1000, women never like being seen as 100% selfish and 100% stupid and 100% incompetent, but then you see them push an innocent infant into the path of something weighing 2 tons or more travelling at various speeds without warning? :mad:There are far too many vicky pollards out there these days.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
I think they should change the law so women have to back up to the road prior to crossing when pushing a kid, anyone caught pushing a kid into the road should be fined £1000, women never like being seen as 100% selfish and 100% stupid and 100% incompetent, but then you see them push an innocent infant into the path of something weighing 2 tons or more travelling at various speeds without warning? :mad:There are far too many vicky pollards out there these days.

It scares the stuffing out of me when mums do this. Do they not think / care?

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Too true I regularly see one woman with her pram on the edge of a junction on my way to work their is a crossing not 20 yards away???

I would never ever ever put my daughter in that position, I've seen them behind parked cars and all kinds of stupid places.

some seem to use the child like a shield!

You did the right thing Jon put the lottery on this week and believe in karma.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I feel for you mate.

At least you did the decent thing and avoided the blameless child. Some people don't deserve children.

I've said it before but if the g'ment really wanted to reduce deaths on the road, they should ban pedestrians from getting on them in the first place. Roads are for cars, pavements are for pedestrians and never the two should mix.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What a bummer---you provide assistance to another forummer to help him get a good deal on a car and instead of good karma you get this.

you deserve better.