White stuff

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
no, not the cold & wet that's bu**ering up our golf.

Today was our office xmas lunch - an annual freebie from the company along with a bottle of vino; roast beef for me. now I love hot stuff and proper english mustard is way at the top of the list, and there came the sticking point - the mustard on offer looked like some pallid slop.

Now I have never liked seeing white sauces, bread sauce and such things on a plate; always seemed to smack of pre-digestion. But there was a dish of horseradish, which I have always avoided - but no longer, what have I been missing. Hot and fiery, clears the sinuses - a whole new food group!

so what have you been senselessly avoiding all your life?

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
French mustard is about as hot as I want to go, funny thing is I try and not buy French anything.

I know what you mean but their mustard is nice and their wine ain't half bad either. Quite like french toast as well :eek:.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gotta love it mate, welcome to the club.

Beware going in the deep end You gotta go careful with some of it, otherwise it proper stings your nose and makes your eyes water, that's when you know you got some good stuff.

As for mustard, English or wholegrain for me, the French are great at cheese and wine but suck at mustard.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was keen on a lot of sauces but now Im not, I still like some though, horse raddish being one, if Im in the mood but I dont like eating in places that smother food with the stuff (what are they hiding?) Id rather have a dollop on the edge of the plate for me to choose.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
so what have you been senselessly avoiding all your life?

Titleist balls? :cool:
Casual s*x? :)
Giving up the weed? (not the illegal one :D)
I-pods?
Used Ping gear from the Alchemist????