Which putting aid worked for you?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I got the puttout for Xmas, not sure how much is the device and how much is that added practice. But I’ve commented on here many times how shocking my putting is, regularly take 40 plus a round.

After 13 rounds this year I’m averaging just shy of 33 putts. So it’s certainly improved. Shame the scores haven’t (fore left)!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ll have to YouTube the putter ball cuz I still am none the wiser from that pic !

Just search on Sergio Garcia putter ball.

Basically it is a putter grip and shaft with a solid steel ball on the end. The weight of the ball helps you to swing straight and the ball on the end means that any off centre strike on the golf ball will send it in the wrong direction (the pictures on the True Putt aid show this).

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When people are talking about the mirror, do they mean the mirrored boards that lay on the ground, or the mirror that attaches onto the putter head itself?

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
3DE60655-715A-4366-8B84-24D9FF969412.jpg

I had one of these as a junior (and bought another recently) and a reasonably big living room, soon learned the breaks on every part of the house that didn’t have furniture!

D

Deleted Member 1156

I don't use any aids as such but just have the swing thought of making sure the putter head travels directly towards the hole through and after impact.

chimpo1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was struggling with all lengths of putts towards the end of the season. I was even thinking of buying a new putter. I had a lesson a fortnight ago where he changed my grip slightly. The feel and confidence has improved enormously and I can wait to put it into practice before the season starts. No gimmicks required, he offered to sell me a putter but it would be a waste of my money 😀