Which professional results do you look for?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not talking about Harrington, Casey, Poulter level but which pro results do you always look for and why?

I am talking about pro's ranked say 80 upwards. It may be he signed your cap or gave you a ball or was a junior at your club. I always look for Gary Lockerbie as he is from Cumbria and also a French Guy whose name escapes me De La Montagne or something. He gave me his ball in the Madrid Open last year when he had an eagle. I was the only one applauding as n oone else was watching the 3ball!

The_LHC

Head Pro
Visit site
Jimenez, cos I think I look a bit like him. I haven't got the hair (anymore) or the goatee. And I don't smoke cigars. Hmmm, must just be the gut then...

I've never met anyone famous, so I don't worry about that sort of thing. I do look for Poulter's scores, just to see how they compare to his wildly optimistic tweets he puts out before his rounds, that's always a source of constant amusement I must admit!

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Kenny Ferrie cos used to play a bit with him......I usually start at the bottom and work my way up as sadly that is a quicker way of locating his score than starting from the top and working my way down.

Also any of the Scot's lads....Gallacher,Drysdale,O'Hara,Coltart etc and yes, sadly, I also use the same method to locate their scores! ;)

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
No-one famous.

Bob Cameron who was our club pro until he was old enough to join the Senior's Tour, and two journeyman pro's who are attached to our club, Andrew Butterfield and Chris Gane, both of whom are discovering just how hard it is to earn anything on the various tours.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Ditto Leftie, I look for David Griffiths, who plays out of my club. One year on the European tour, now back to the level down. Played off plus 5. Can't make any money. It's tough out there.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Howeller and Hutsby from the GM camp as well as Paul Broadhurst - don't really know why. Followed him around a couple of tournaments years ago and thought he was a decent Guy so I look out for his (normally poor these days!) scores.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Benn Barham. He came from my club and lost his card at the end of last year and is now playing a mix of Challenge Tour and sposors invites to European Tour. Benn is genuinely the nicest guy you will ever meet!

Chris