What's your expectations this season.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I ask because this time last year I thought I had had a good winter. As it turns out that form never carried on into the summer. Longer course and interruptions in personal life having grand kids, holidays etc meant I never really got goin. There were flashes of brilliance, mixed with vast quantities of Rammel.
Started on 21 and finished on 21.
This winter nothing really changed re kids and Missis T holidays but I am not expecting a great deal.
What about you lot, how's the winter practice gone and what's your realistic aims.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am sure my technique is improving through lessons, but I fear that while I am working full time, I don't get enough golf in to really improve!

I think I am in this territory. I play better shots and better golf than I used to but it is not necessarily translating into lower scores. I am far more consistent, fewer troughs for example, but I have hit a bit of a ceiling. I need to practice on my short game to break that ceiling but time is the issue. I could ultimately find that time if I was utterly dedicated but I play the game for fun and practice accordingly.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My main expectation is to play more golf, more causal round and more comps. So far this has worked, I've played 4 comps this month and another on Sunday and play more casual golf in the evenings and some mornings before work.

I really want to get the handicap down this year after a few years of going up to staying still, so my theory was play more and see what happens. Didn't start well with a +0.1, but since then I've been cut 0.9 and two buffers. So the extra playing and a bit of practice has translated into a reduction. The only issue I have found is that CSS is quite low at the new club so I have to be shooting net 65s or below to be in which a chance of a cut.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
My game is disintegrating fast.

I need to learn how to put together a score over the first five or six holes....or at least hold it together and not haemorrage shots.

Confidence is shot because of my inability to "start"....if I can get it back then I should be able to throw some good scores in and drag myself back down to mid single figures.....though I'd happily just take the 0.2 to get me back into single figures at the moment!!!!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I ask because this time last year I thought I had had a good winter. As it turns out that form never carried on into the summer. Longer course and interruptions in personal life having grand kids, holidays etc meant I never really got goin. There were flashes of brilliance, mixed with vast quantities of Rammel.
Started on 21 and finished on 21.
This winter nothing really changed re kids and Missis T holidays but I am not expecting a great deal.
What about you lot, how's the winter practice gone and what's your realistic aims.

Winter Practice whats that???

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Kept playing through winter as I could, probably every two weeks at most when weather allowed. A few weeks ago I got my best ever front nine of 39 in the pouring rain, although I slipped on my backside in the mud on the ninth, caked in mud and my glove was ruined so my head went and had a terrible back nine. But getting such a good front nine in awful conditions was encouraging for what I could do this year in better conditions anyway. Already got cut from 22>21.2 back in March so that was a good start.

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Expectations are my handicap will increase slightly after dropping from 21 to 8 last year, I know it dropped as I played better, but I'm struggling at the minute to get a score together!

But my aim is to remain single figures, and maybe look for a mini cut over the season. If I come back in October playing off singles I'll be happy, if I come back playing at 7 or better I'd be delighted!

D

Deleted member 21258

Was hoping to get back to 7s, but seem to have lost the ability to hit a green in regulation with any regularity with an iron off the fairway. So maybe 11 and beyond here I come.

Either way to play more golf and different golf courses and enjoy my time on the course.

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site
Think my minimum goal this year is to get to 14. Didn't practice or play much over the winter due to weather and more recently a few ailments, but started the year with 2 buffers and a missed buffer by 1 despite not really playing well. Hoping to practice a lot in the evening from now on and bring those scores down and hopefully smash my target.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Didn't play all winter (Oct 6 - some time in Feburary!), kept the range going about once a week at best. Made minimal bag changes. Find I'm thinking a bit better this year and found a magic putting trick, so have started to see a big improvement in my game. Hoping for big things this year (was last year too but never got enough time to play let alone practice). Would be disappointed to not get into the 7s, could go lower. Long season in it yet though - could go either way!

DCB

Visit site
Four years on from a life changing accident and i've finally got to a stage where I'm able to play some decent shots again.. Target for this year is try to play and enjoy it. Scores don't really matter as long as I'm enjoying it. I've come to terms with my physical limitations and am not as embarrassed as I was when playing with others who knew how I used to play. Looking forward to playing some away courses with friends this season. I think I'm ready for that now.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
My expectations?... Too high!

Having been in The Algarve just over a month ago, and played reasonably well, I had great hopes for the season. So far I have played in four medals and gone up 0.1 each time.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Having gone up from 9 to 10 my aim is to return to single figures. Beating my age is a remote possibility. However, I've birdied every hole on the course so it's theoretically possible to go round in 1 under. Two of my mates did it last year so why not?

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can’t get excited about winter golf and this stops me improving as I just seem to go back to square one in the Spring. This year I have decided to give it one big push to try to get my handicap down and if it doesn’t happen then just stop obsessing about it and play just for fun with no care about what I play off.
So, I have been having lessons which have been a revelation and practicing most nights for at least a couple of hours. I don’t see the point of having the lessons if you don’t practice what you are taught.
There is no doubt I am striking the ball far better now than I ever have and my driving has improved massively. I have a short game lesson booked.
I have no doubt that I am twice or three times the golfer I was a couple of years ago but sadly I am old enough to know all this does not necessarily mean better scores. Taking it to the course is another matter altogether. So whist in theory my scores and handicap should come down, I am not taking anything for granted and in fact I would be pleasantly surprised if they did.