What's in the bag?

D

Deleted member 3432

Recently swapped out my whole bag.

Stuck with Srixon irons (replaced a 545/745 combo set) as tbh I’ve not used anything as good in a long while

View attachment 26330

Im playing tomorrow but I really don’t want to scratch them 😂
You need to replace that titleist rubbish with Srixon utility irons 😁

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You need to replace that titleist rubbish with Srixon utility irons 😁

😁

Honestly I’ve owned a u45 3 iron. Maybe a nice club however that mayazaki shaft they come with is like a wet noodle. Awful thing I could not close the face no matter how hard I tried

Horrible for me personally, although I’ve seen Andy Junior on here absolutely leather his miles.

These t-mb’s are beasts. Hit my greatest even shot with the 2 iron

Brabazon par 4 10th, yellow tee, wind left to right but sub 10 knots. Put it 10 foot short of the hole. Missed eagle but got the bird.

I’ve got lots of love for the Titleists.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
here is my collection of cack handed clubs

Driver - Epic sub zero - X flex graphite
Fairways (3+5) - Adams tights lies 2 - r flex graphite
Driving iron - TM RSI UDI 2 iron - S flex graphite
Irons (9-PW) - Mizuno Pro Original Blades - R flex steel
Wedges (52/56/60) - Cleveland CG15 - R flex steel
Putter - Scotty Cameron Del Mar

You have Jim Furyk for company mate.

I saw he plays a stiff driver, X fairway wood and regular flex irons.

http://www.golfwrx.com/437752/jim-furyk-witb-2017/

D

Deleted member 3432

😁

Honestly I’ve owned a u45 3 iron. Maybe a nice club however that mayazaki shaft they come with is like a wet noodle. Awful thing I could not close the face no matter how hard I tried

Horrible for me personally, although I’ve seen Andy Junior on here absolutely leather his miles.

These t-mb’s are beasts. Hit my greatest even shot with the 2 iron

Brabazon par 4 10th, yellow tee, wind left to right but sub 10 knots. Put it 10 foot short of the hole. Missed eagle but got the bird.

I’ve got lots of love for the Titleists.
Shows how important the right shaft is.

The mayazaki in my 2 iron really works for me, hit bullets with it off the tee and fairway.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shows how important the right shaft is.

The mayazaki in my 2 iron really works for me, hit bullets with it off the tee and fairway.

Completely agree.

I’ve currently got an NS pro 90 gram steel shaft in my 2 iron and a px Lz 6.0 in my 3 iron

Now For all intent and purposes the the NS pro is far to light for me based on how I hit the ball, yet it just feels super smooth and easy to hit in the 2 compared to the px shaft in the 3 which feels dead harsh and dull.

Yet I have fairly stout heavy shafts in every other club

Daft game..

D

Deleted member 3432

Completely agree.

I’ve currently got an NS pro 90 gram steel shaft in my 2 iron and a px Lz 6.0 in my 3 iron

Now For all intent and purposes the the NS pro is far to light for me based on how I hit the ball, yet it just feels super smooth and easy to hit in the 2 compared to the px shaft in the 3 which feels dead harsh and dull.

Yet I have fairly stout heavy shafts in every other club

Daft game..
Only ever hit px shafts once, I had sore hands afterwards.
Not for me that one.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Fruit and water instead of soft drinks and chocolate. This will improve my fitness, reduce my weight thus reducing pain from the left knee.

This will improve my golf more than any new club...... oh by I love my new F8 driver

FAB90

Visit site
Just started playing again so slowly trying to upgrade my bag on a budget

Taylormade R540
Wilson tour Rx 3w
Wilson staff fybrid 5w
Wilson tour Rx 3 - sw
Wilson putter

The Wilson irons were a set from jjb like 10 years ago but will hopefully replace them soon but the do a job for now.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just put a bag together for tomorrow's winter knockout round...which is about 50% the same as the last time I headed out, just for a change 😂

May change again shortly!

Pretty standard mix of woods, hybrids, irons and wedges plus a putter 👍

A 4 & 3 win means I will probably take the same lot out next time, and it must have been an inspired move to change out my irons for lighter shafted ones 'cos I really got on better with them than my usual ones.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a Taylor Made SLDR in the bag.

I got this in 2015 with vouchers and tbh, got it mainly because of great reviews it got.

In 2015 my daughter was born and although I played a bit through 2015 and 16, it wasn't with a lot of focus. A lot of rounds I would mostly use a 3 wood off the tee.

I started playing again a few months ago and have taken a few lessons over the winter.

I am hitting the driver really well as a result of the lessons, and it has gone from a liability to a strength. Problem I have is that I am seeing a very low ball flight. The distance and penetration is good (by my standards).

This evening I have done a bit of research into low spin drivers and come to the conclusion that I should never have gotten an SLDR in the 1st place, and certainly not one at 10.5 degrees.

The low spin driver means the weight is forward and so it won't launch as high and with only 10.5 degrees I reckon I will never get optimum height.

All in all a bit of a disaster and has led to me considering a stop gap purchase or a big investment in a new driver to really get the most out of the lessons.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a Taylor Made SLDR in the bag.

I got this in 2015 with vouchers and tbh, got it mainly because of great reviews it got.

In 2015 my daughter was born and although I played a bit through 2015 and 16, it wasn't with a lot of focus. A lot of rounds I would mostly use a 3 wood off the tee.

I started playing again a few months ago and have taken a few lessons over the winter.

I am hitting the driver really well as a result of the lessons, and it has gone from a liability to a strength. Problem I have is that I am seeing a very low ball flight. The distance and penetration is good (by my standards).

This evening I have done a bit of research into low spin drivers and come to the conclusion that I should never have gotten an SLDR in the 1st place, and certainly not one at 10.5 degrees.

The low spin driver means the weight is forward and so it won't launch as high and with only 10.5 degrees I reckon I will never get optimum height.

All in all a bit of a disaster and has led to me considering a stop gap purchase or a big investment in a new driver to really get the most out of the lessons.

When the SLDR was the TM driver of the day, even PGA tour pros were having to get really high lofts (for them) to get the ball in the air.

Very very low spin driver, hence the amazing distance when you button it with a decent launch angle but generally felt to be unforgiving and very low spinning so difficult to control.

I had the SLDR S at 12 degrees and it was stupid long when I caught one, but I was lucky if that was 1 out of 5, the other 4 could end up anywhere.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
When the SLDR was the TM driver of the day, even PGA tour pros were having to get really high lofts (for them) to get the ball in the air.

Very very low spin driver, hence the amazing distance when you button it with a decent launch angle but generally felt to be unforgiving and very low spinning so difficult to control.

I had the SLDR S at 12 degrees and it was stupid long when I caught one, but I was lucky if that was 1 out of 5, the other 4 could end up anywhere.

Yeh, I catch the odd one. But it’s not even once a round.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeh, I catch the odd one. But it’s not even once a round.

Most of the main brands will have a driver that's far easier to launch than a SLDR. If you're not looking to spend big on a brand new one just now, try and find a shop with some 2nd hand stock and have a hit with a few and see what you like and what you hit well. Should be able to get something in pretty good nick 2nd hand in the £150 bracket as long as you're not precious about having the latest model.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I reckon you want a Ping or a Callaway if you want something that's easy to launch. (y)
Most of the main brands will have a driver that's far easier to launch than a SLDR. If you're not looking to spend big on a brand new one just now, try and find a shop with some 2nd hand stock and have a hit with a few and see what you like and what you hit well. Should be able to get something in pretty good nick 2nd hand in the £150 bracket as long as you're not precious about having the latest model.

Cheers folks.

Love the look of Ping G400. Might wait a few weeks and see if they bring out a new club, which should change the prices.