What's going on with Robert Allenby?

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
LOL when it first hit the news, the word "allegedly" was used far too much for my liking and I personally assumed it was a "The Hangover" type night gone wrong..

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
i've heard that he isnt a popular character on tour at all due to his arrogance. chances are he overstepped the mark with the natives and got taught a lesson.

I'd be suprised if it doesnt become an episode on Hawaii 5-0!

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
i've heard that he isnt a popular character on tour at all due to his arrogance. chances are he overstepped the mark with the natives and got taught a lesson.

<speculation>

I wonder he was 'seen to' by another PGA player?!? :p

</speculation>

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

What has he got to be arrogant about? He's hardly pulled up a load of trees in his pro career.

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There's is something that's not right about his story though. Did anyone see the reunion with the homeless woman (cleanest and best dressed homeless person ever :rofl:), it was cringy.

I'm guessing here and go with what MendieGK said, he got his ass handed to him. Not surprising given that the guy's a bit of a hothead.
Didn't he threaten Ogilvy a few years back?

Up_Point_1

Head Pro
Visit site
It's fairly simple really:

He's missed the cut, got a grump on,
Got plastered in a bar somewhere,
Got himself into a bit of a "situation",
Come off second best,
And is now trying to cobble together a completely farcical story to try and cover his tracks.

UP1.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

A mate of mine won a comp over here and played in a tournament oversees. The winners got to play with a pro. There were several pros there and he said "some of them were complete and utter tools who thought they were on another level. On the other hand he met John Daly and said he was brilliant.

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A mate of mine won a comp over here and played in a tournament oversees. The winners got to play with a pro. There were several pros there and he said "some of them were complete and utter tools who thought they were on another level. On the other hand he met John Daly and said he was brilliant.
BIG JOHN is a proper good guy,told on here how we met him in a pub in Southport when the open was there and he invited us to sit with him and his caddy when one of the lads asked him for an autograph,some of the story's were unprintable about things that go on on tour,we had some food and before we had finished he said he had to go as he needed to get some practice in,his caddy burst into laughter,when we came to pay we got told MR DALY had taken care of everything and left money for another drink on him,not many pros would do that.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
BIG JOHN is a proper good guy,told on here how we met him in a pub in Southport when the open was there and he invited us to sit with him and his caddy when one of the lads asked him for an autograph,some of the story's were unprintable about things that go on on tour,we had some food and before we had finished he said he had to go as he needed to get some practice in,his caddy burst into laughter,when we came to pay we got told MR DALY had taken care of everything and left money for another drink on him,not many pros would do that.

That's brilliant.
His book (my life in and out of the rough)
Is a good read.