What would you like to see at the Manchester Golf Show?

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have never been to a golf show.... Any time they have been talked about on here they have been rubbished. What can you show me that my local golf shop cant with the added bonus of not being in a rabble of other people? I guess... what is the point of them?

They give you an excellent opportunity to queue up politely, a chance to see grown men in dressed in full golf gear (yet not at a golf course) and get sold a time share to a place in the sun!

Whats not to like?

MGS2015

Hacker
www.golfshowmanchester.co.uk
I have never been to a golf show.... Any time they have been talked about on here they have been rubbished. What can you show me that my local golf shop cant with the added bonus of not being in a rabble of other people? I guess... what is the point of them?

The show is an experience... I'm saying this from a visiting point of view not from an employees point of view, I have worked for the Golf Show Group for 2 years and before that I was a seasoned visitor! I am a tech freak and love seeing the latest gear, since working for the show I have learnt that SO MANY products wouldn't be here in the UK if it wasn't for the shows, you have the opportunity to see them first (admittedly some aren't that great), everything is under one roof and its interactive. There's competitions, free golf, coaching and much more. Golf Monthly are going to have some of their top 25 coaches on hand giving free advice, you have the all day stage show with innovation reviews and coaching shows from top coaches such as Andy Gorman & Gary Smith.

Believe me it is golfers heaven and this years exhibitors don't disappoint, there are some very cool new products being launched!

Yes you may see some of these products in your local pro shop in a year or two and yes they have fitting bags from the big brands. Every big brand is at the show on hand to custom fit you on their latest products...

Think I've made my point :D

MGS2015

Hacker
They give you an excellent opportunity to queue up politely, a chance to see grown men in dressed in full golf gear (yet not at a golf course) and get sold a time share to a place in the sun!

Whats not to like?

Would like to point out the Time Share side of things died in 2009... :whistle:

Pre book tickets and no queues to get in!

Yes there may be some queues on the range (sorry you lot like the gear so much!)

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
one other thing- a much bigger and better experience for kids (treat the kids well you'll get the dads and mums on your side).

I would imagine everything has already been planned and implemented so I'm not sure what the point of the post is, apart from to make 2016 better? Unless of course you arent fully subscribed with exhibitors?

I went last year and it was very good for kids the 4 year old had a great time, there was more of interest for him than me!

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did you miss all the tech? Game Golf, Swingbyte, Zepp, Foresights, the latest brands and lets not forget the Golf skateboard :whoo:

no I had a fitting for sdlr and was impressed with game golf both of which were acquired. :D

Golfin kids was a great stand along with the crazy golf, table tennis and try golf lots to keep him amused

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
went last year and was very disappointed of lack of major brands showcasing their new products, no tour trucks and also the opportunity to us the range.

Did have a pre booked custom fitting with the mizuno team but apart from that we walked the whole event in less than 1 hour. I also feel and may be on my own with this but the trickshot guy is getting a tad dull and needs to bring something new to the table as well as some new golf related shows to entertain us! Guest speakers or someone who will make your ears prick up if you know what I mean?

The show in 2013 was a good start with the likes of Gary Smith being there and Titleist etc but last year it was a big decline on what was on offer.

MGS2015

Hacker
went last year and was very disappointed of lack of major brands showcasing their new products, no tour trucks and also the opportunity to us the range.

Did have a pre booked custom fitting with the mizuno team but apart from that we walked the whole event in less than 1 hour. I also feel and may be on my own with this but the trickshot guy is getting a tad dull and needs to bring something new to the table as well as some new golf related shows to entertain us! Guest speakers or someone who will make your ears prick up if you know what I mean?

The show in 2013 was a good start with the likes of Gary Smith being there and Titleist etc but last year it was a big decline on what was on offer.

The 2014 show was actually larger than 2013!
We hear you loud and clear... keep an eye on the main stage this year, there's going to be a LOT more going on!

Gary Smith is BACK!

Unfortunately we don't have much of an influence over the manufactures... We will have as many as possible there, maybe we should create a twitter army? Everyone tweet the brands!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
if the brands saw value in it I'm sure they would come. Did they go to the PGA show I wonder?

craiglester

Hacker
Visit site
I expect you having a store. it needs to be twice the size of the 2014 London golf show store, and full to the brim with clubs, clothes etc

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
A good idea, get the R&A giving workshops on rules, etiquette, pace of play etc.

Could go wither way. Some old duffers in blazers droning on about rule 52.4b could be deathly boring.

Something fun, interactive and may be even some boys without a winkle could be very good. You could recreate some scenarios live, a bit like the stuff GM do when Fergus and Jeremy get photographed in bunkers, but bring it to life, have some voting pads for the audience to use.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
talking about bunkers(hacker khan's post above) ! what about having one of those bunker comps/fun that they have at the open. Like the road hole bunker at st Andrews that is normally put on show by HSBC bank

jak kez 187

Head Pro
Visit site
Firstly, bring it back to Birmingham, heart of the country ;) haha

Few more competitions would be good, chances to win some small prizes like balls and stuff there and then instead of being notified by email after.

Also maybe give the golf shop a slot on the range so that you could try before you buy, but I understand there could be huge queues for it so not sure if it would work.

Could also look at getting Golfbidder down there as well, chance to pick up some cheap gear, could get family members and kids into the game if the price of clubs is good value.

A lot of people say it wasn't that good but I enjoyed it last year, did get free tickets though so suppose that helped.

Last edited:

MGS2015

Hacker
Firstly, bring it back to Birmingham, heart of the country ;) haha

Few more competitions would be good, chances to win some small prizes like balls and stuff there and then instead of being notified by email after.

Also maybe give the golf shop a slot on the range so that you could try before you buy, but I understand there could be huge queues for it so not sure if it would work.

Could also look at getting Golfbidder down there as well, chance to pick up some cheap gear, could get family members and kids into the game if the price of clubs is good value.

A lot of people say it wasn't that good but I enjoyed it last year, did get free tickets though so suppose that helped.

Keep an eye out in this forum... We're going to run some ticket competitions ;)

And in your next issue of Golf Monthly there's a 2 for 1 voucher!