What would you like to see at the Manchester Golf Show?

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Blair O'Neal??;)

I know people often complain about getting access to hit clubs at these type of events so possibly as many clubs to hit as possible. However if it was me I'd stop any customer fitting as to be honest if I was getting fitted I'd not want to do it in the limited times slots available with people gawping on and queuing up to hit the clubs.

Also the latest devices/gadgets, kind of try and make it as much as possible like the the PGA show in Florida. Yes it is never going to be on that scale, but a smaller version of that where the public can attend and see all the latest gizmos/clubs would be superb in my opinion.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
The Manchester Golf Show sales team would like to know what you want to see at the show!

Please reply with a few ideas / products you want to see...

We're all about making the show better!

P.S. Don't forget to book your exclusive Golf Monthly 2-for1 tickets here...
http://mancgolfshow.seetickets.com/event/the-manchester-golf-show/eventcity/847125?OfferCode=GMO241

Holly Saunders and Di Dougherty :thup:

Seriously though, you need an outside part for taking shots (bays under cover)
More kit and more staff, less queues, less holiday and hotel stands.
More 'stars', more Q&A with instructors and 'stars'

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Perhaps search for threads about the London Golf Show that was on last year. I seem to remember it was heavily panned on here. That may give clues as to what didn't work and what people would like to see.

I do remember big queues to look or try new eqpt was a bugbear meaning people just gave up.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
one other thing- a much bigger and better experience for kids (treat the kids well you'll get the dads and mums on your side).

I would imagine everything has already been planned and implemented so I'm not sure what the point of the post is, apart from to make 2016 better? Unless of course you arent fully subscribed with exhibitors?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think the posts above cover it. Most golfers who attend are not looking for timeshares, holidays etc. What they want is to hit the latest clubs, see demos, shows and listen to the pros. Ideally they want a few bargains as well, plenty of stands to buy golf kit, clothing etc ideally with some exclusive deals. Stick in a few chances to win prizes and some areas to keep the kids amused and you are on to a winner.

MGS2015

Hacker
www.golfshowmanchester.co.uk
Great feedback! We agree with Blair ;) unfortunately our pockets aren't deep enough to accommodate her! (If you wish to donate to the Blair fund give us a call... every penny helps) Or tweet her! Tag us as well... @ManGolfShow

We were at the PGA Show! We visit with the aim to bring the latest and greatest gadgets across to the UK, that's why you saw the likes of Game Golf, Biion, Giannini Putters and Swingbyte!

MGS2015

Hacker
Perhaps search for threads about the London Golf Show that was on last year. I seem to remember it was heavily panned on here. That may give clues as to what didn't work and what people would like to see.

I do remember big queues to look or try new eqpt was a bugbear meaning people just gave up.

Thanks! Unfortunately the queues on the range are always going to happen (being honest)... Have to persuade the manufactures to take more bays!

MGS2015

Hacker
one other thing- a much bigger and better experience for kids (treat the kids well you'll get the dads and mums on your side).

I would imagine everything has already been planned and implemented so I'm not sure what the point of the post is, apart from to make 2016 better? Unless of course you arent fully subscribed with exhibitors?

The elements of the show are in place... obviously the exhibition hall can be extended! Wanting to know if we're missing anything...

MGS2015

Hacker
Holly Saunders and Di Dougherty :thup:

Seriously though, you need an outside part for taking shots (bays under cover)
More kit and more staff, less queues, less holiday and hotel stands.
More 'stars', more Q&A with instructors and 'stars'

Think of the poor reps outside in the cold!
You should see more celebs at this years show! Golf Monthly will actually have some of their top 25 coaches there as well!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Is there a stand for the Rules of Golf?

If not maybe an interactive display of some kind

edit: oh and how about a fun and engaging way to promote pace of play

Or was it just suggestions for commercial ventures you wanted

Last edited:

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have never been to a golf show.... Any time they have been talked about on here they have been rubbished. What can you show me that my local golf shop cant with the added bonus of not being in a rabble of other people? I guess... what is the point of them?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have never been to a golf show.... Any time they have been talked about on here they have been rubbished. What can you show me that my local golf shop cant with the added bonus of not being in a rabble of other people? I guess... what is the point of them?

Plenty of these shows are a success but those that are (like the Ideal Homes Show, Good Food Show etc) ensure that there is plenty to entertain first and foremost and use it as a sales opportunity second. I think that this is where golf shows have gone wrong, too many people with non interactive sales stands as opposed to thinking outside the box and developing a stand or display that can amuse a crowd whilst putting across the sales message.