What monetary support (cash or Kind) does your Club's H/cap Sec, Match Sec, or Treasurer receive?

Are your Club's volunteer officials supported

• H/cap Sec - YES

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • H/cap Sec - NO

Votes: 27 87.1%
  • Match Sec - YES

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Match Sec - NO

Votes: 28 90.3%
  • Treasurer - YES

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Treasurer - NO

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • Someones employed to do these things -

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Less than 100 play Sat Summer Comp

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • 100 to 200 play Sat Summer Comp

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • 200+ play Sat Summer Comp

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As it becomes more difficult to fill important Club posts I'm just wondering what 'encouragements' Clubs give. I always find it difficult to phrase these questions for such a diverse audience.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd say most places I've played at
All roles are voluntary
1 club I was at, the Hcap sec, got a guaranteed tee time every Saturday, a 4-ball for him and 3 others.
Same time every week

That's only perk I've ever heard of

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I do Swindle for the benefit of my fellow Swindlers. Love the camaraderie.

Under normal circumstances I’d agree that the swindle is voluntary, however… our swindle can be up to 80 people weekly, is run via hdid because of the size and involves substantial time investment from 3 members. The club has very wisely used the swindle as a lure for every membership enquiry which has seen the swindle grow overal from 40ish up to around 100-125. If the club is drawing members in based on voluntary work then I feel a form of reward should be available.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Captain gets a financial lump, as they will be expected to attend lots of events and thus will have expenses.
Club manager is a paid position.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Our committee members get nothing.

Captain gets free golf for the year but is generally expected to fund prizes during Captains Week to a similar level to his annual membership fee.....so break even.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
last club all of us got nothing apart from the guy who did the competitions and matches who was given free subs and some other concessions from the owners, didnt cause any issues at all lol

Genu9

Visit site
Under normal circumstances I’d agree that the swindle is voluntary, however… our swindle can be up to 80 people weekly, is run via hdid because of the size and involves substantial time investment from 3 members. The club has very wisely used the swindle as a lure for every membership enquiry which has seen the swindle grow overal from 40ish up to around 100-125. If the club is drawing members in based on voluntary work then I feel a form of reward should be available.
You're lucky. Ours is a constant battle to maintain the designated times. They keep nibbling away at it. Was four times a week pre Covid, now down to Monday and Wednesday.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
As it becomes more difficult to fill important Club posts I'm just wondering what 'encouragements' Clubs give. I always find it difficult to phrase these questions for such a diverse audience.
Our h'cap chair is employed as the Assistant Manager. He manages the hardware/software and issues notices etc but we have a very strong h'cap & comps c'tee who do most of the work.
No one else gets anything except Men's & Ladies' Captains get 'allowances'.

peld

Visit site
Hotel & Country club so the team are all employees of the golf shop/team. However i think the previous hcap secretary was a volunteer but got some in kind benefits

Hogieefc

Club Champion
Visit site
Our AGM is on the 29th February and the committee have put on the agenda they would like 50 percent off their subscriptions, i was in the bar the other day and there was a group of about 10 people discussing it and only one was in favour

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our AGM is on the 29th February and the committee have put on the agenda they would like 50 percent off their subscriptions, i was in the bar the other day and there was a group of about 10 people discussing it and only one was in favour
If it doesn't pass do you think they will resign en masse? It sounds as though it is setting up that way.

Hogieefc

Club Champion
Visit site
If it doesn't pass do you think they will resign en masse? It sounds as though it is setting up that way.
I don't think so i think it's more the case that we have had a high turnover of committee members over the past few years so they think if they get the 50 percent off it will keep them in the post a bit longer.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure about all the Committee members but certainly for Match, H/cap & Treasurer I'd suggest that the money is found from the Comp entry fees as, certainly with my Club, that is where most of their work occurs.

I don't think so i think it's more the case that we have had a high turnover of committee members over the past few years so they think if they get the 50 percent off it will keep them in the post a bit longer.
If there's little appreciation of what they do & little incentive to continue then it's not surprising that they say "Over to you!!"