What is the most you would spend on membership per year?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Currently I pay £115 a month each, for both myself and mrs wedge, and £30 a month for junior. I usually play 4 times a week during lighter evenings and twice a week the rest of the time. This year I've played pretty much every day since we re-opened after COVID. Even at twice a week it's value for money, the course is In very good nick, clubhouse is friendly, food pretty decent. I think I'm on the limit of where I want to be, it will start getting painful if it goes up much over this. Mrs wedge and junior may have to start contributing their own way if it increases any more. Bar Woburn, which is outside of my reach by a long shot, there aren't any other clubs that I would look at moving to, at least not unless we had to close, even then, prices are pretty much the same.

JohnF

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm not sure, I feel that it would be something similar but they are more difficult to get in, and still have joining fees. Interestingly, even Pollok dropped their joining fees for a short period last year.
No it’s more than Pollok by a wee bit. The design for the new clubhouse is amazing

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
It depends on course condition, how many times I could play it and obviously has to be worth the membership in terms of course quality.

I was at 3 clubs last year, the most expensive membership was £2.6k which included joining fee, and it was the biggest waste of money. Could never get on for a knock before or after work throughout summer. Comp days were always full which is good but painfully slow like 5 hour round slow. Beautiful course but not flexible enough for me. The course was at full capacity in memberships, probably over capacity actually as a lot of old boys who have been there forever.

I'm at one course this year its around £1.2k and I can get a knock before or after work easily and due to this flexibility I've been playing 4/5 times a week since lockdown eased. I didn't plan to get much golf in this year but travel commitments changed which has given me the time to play as a result from working from home. The reciprocal scheme they are part of really works for me as well, the green fees on those courses are £40 but due to reciprocal cost around £15 usually which is often scandalously cheap for the quality of golf.

shun_naka

Club Champion
Visit site
Over here in Northern ireland my membership is around 450 for my age range (u30). Great value to be honest and cant complain. Course is kept in great condition and clubhouse etc is good too.

Only gripes is the lack of a pro shop (the pro has recently left) and a practice range/net