What is that little 'pop' of the leg the pros do actuallyfor?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I can both points. However, there is a choice:A) I leave it until later and risk having to really adjust a comfortable swing to do it, orB) do it now and just learn that style of swing. Maybe not. But that's how I see it for now.

Sounds like you've made up your mind already

grip, posture, alignment, swingpath angle of attack

Yeah, lets forget all that rubbish.
Good luck

drutz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When you describe the swing to a beginner does it not include swinging through to a nice finish?

Never realised there were any pros teaching that describe the clubface, swingpath and angle of attack to a beginner :whistle:

Actually my pro does encourage me to swing through to a nice finish. Also explaining that the swing does not stop at contact or just past contact and has proven to me I hit better shaped shots when I do swing to a nice finish. Also he has explained, and keeps explaining to me the clubface, swing path and angle of attack. All this has helped me know end as when things go wrong on the course, I think back to what my pro said was the fault and correct myself rather than trying to second guess my swing.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
It was sarcasm drutz (hence the little 'whistle' smiley) Bobmac wasn't reknowned for things like clubface, path, angle of attack, he's more of a "check your grip and swing easy" kinda guy... well he WAS ;)

Now he's a proper dude that'll make a fine teacher one day :rofl:

(I quite like his little ways now... but don't tell him that......) :whistle:

Last edited:

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
on a similar note to this (apols if seemed a hijack), I have found my rhythm/ball striking etc and scoring improves if I sort of start the downswing early with the body, so almost a bounce, it was a feeling more than a proper concious effort. I never practised it at the range and it juyst sort of happens now and again when I am in the groove so to speak. It may well be related to this as it was a definite sort of bounce effect.

You have really got me thinking, already planning to flex off early to hit the range :D

D

Deleted Member 1156

Agree with Bob on this one, get the basics of the swing right and this action will either happen naturally or be a lot easier to build into the swing later :thup:

Dorian

Club Champion
Visit site
Sounds like you've made up your mind already

Not really. All the things you brought up are components of a swing. Several of which I have worked with my pro to improve. Is this not just another component to try to include in your swing to get more from it? Worth trying at least? That's all I'm saying.

But I see exactly what you're getting at. And I'm well aware that my swing path and angle of attack need a lot of work. And I consciously check everything else every time I stand at address at the range or do muscle memory drills at home.

Thanks for all the input people. I'll be sure to bring this up in my next lesson.