What feel do I need to get in a better position

Oohmeoldbacksknackered

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm gonna sound like a clown here...
Previous thread is about casting. You have an out to in swing - not dissimilar problem.
Google Leadbetter baseball drill.
That gives a great feel about keeping your swing natural.
Give it a try.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm gonna sound like a clown here...
Previous thread is about casting. You have an out to in swing - not dissimilar problem.
Google Leadbetter baseball drill.
That gives a great feel about keeping your swing natural.
Give it a try.

You would prescribe a baseball bat drill for someone who has as flat and deep backswing as that? really?

Going on the picture id say

Try to keep some flex in the right knee on backswing.
Try to watch some videos about keeping the arms synced with the body. (dan Whittaker hands in front of body would be a good start)
If reverse pivot then set about fixing that.
Possible grip issues if big pull from shut face.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Struggling with consistency, bad shot is a big pull 40 yards.

https://postimg.org/image/aagst1eh1/

it's a ways impossible to tell from one still frame at the top of the swing

(swing fault is a pull - then you swinging leftfield through impact with the face angle matching, so square to that swing direction through impact)

could be a bunch of stuff as to why though

could be a bunch of stuff playing into it from grip, set-up alignments, ball position
could be down to how the club travels back to the top that plays into it
could be how the motion is sequenced

only real ways to get some kinda handle on what the issues may be would be seeing the swing motion both from a 'square on fone/camera position' for a face-on viewpoint and also that 'square' dtl viewpoint

with a static frame from a 'square' face on viewpoint of address set-up along with a static frame of a square dtl viewpoint of the same
plus both viewpoints of impact position - maybes could learn a little ways more about the issue from that

but for sure really got to look at both face-on and dtl viewpoints of the swing motion itself

Oohmeoldbacksknackered

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You would prescribe a baseball bat drill for someone who has as flat and deep backswing as that? really?

Going on the picture id say

Try to keep some flex in the right knee on backswing.
Try to watch some videos about keeping the arms synced with the body. (dan Whittaker hands in front of body would be a good start)
If reverse pivot then set about fixing that.
Possible grip issues if big pull from shut face.
Reasons I mention it:
1. The question is one of feel. I think the baseball drill gives a great feel for the transition and helps see the swing as one unit rather than loads of different components.
2. A 40 yard pull is caused by an out to in swing. The baseball drill helps with an in out in swing ( is that the right description, or is it in to in?)
3. There may be problems with technical things like grip. But when asked about feel I thought the easiest concept was to compare it with something most people do naturally.
4. For me one of the best things the drill does is sync the arms with the body.

I'm no Coach or Bobmac but my advice will hopefully never ruin anything good already there and be simple to try and either use or discard at will.

I absolutely agree with your advice about the right knee and reverse pivot but I didn't mention them because they are technical faults and may make the OP look at individual components of his swing when he was asking about a tip for overall feel.

And for me, the best drill for that is......(you'll never guess) 🤔😉

But if Bobmac posts that I'm a twonk and to ignore me, ALWAYS take his advice over mine.