What drivers everyone got

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Whats peoples thoughts on them?

Drivers are good for hitting golf balls!

TBH my driver has no bearing on what you should get.

Some of top brands are Mizuno, Ping, Taylormade, Titliest, Cleveland, Callaway, Benross, MD, Cobra, Yonex, Nike plus a few others the next step down (and some more top probably).

I suggest looking at anything from those from the last 5 or even 7 years, cant go wrong as long as you try out a good range that fit your budget (constraint 1) and ability (constraint 2)

No point chasing after a £400 Tour model if you only have £100 and its your first club.

My most specific advice to you would be to go down the MD/Benross route, usually win best value for money or budget models on test.

what driver people use
saying this just turns the thread into "My drive is ace, use it!" which is of little help.

Last edited:

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have one off its predecessors, an RBZ. 10.5 loft set stock / neutral love it to bits. It's given me 19-20 yards over my old King Conra.

Last edited:

gazr99

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's about what you're looking for in a driver forgiveness, distance, etc.

I bought my Cobra L5V a couple of years ago, 2 years old for £55 off ebay and it goes as far as single handicappers with custom fitted Titleists.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
The best driver is the one you pick up and hit well, the one that talks to you when you hold it, the one that feels right and gives you the feeling that every time you hold it will work for you.

The driver I have is no good for you, ScienceBoys driver would be rubbish for you also, as would Evesdad's and anyone else's driver.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
ScienceBoys driver would be rubbish

Not that great for me either, was fitted at the height of my game for it, when the future looked single digits. At least I know its the swing not the swinger as when I get it right boy does it fly and has amazing tight dispersion!

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have an RBZ Stage 2 with 13 degrees of loft.

I love it and hit it well. I don't doubt that there are drivers and setups out there that would have me hitting it further, but I'm not a short hitter anyway and like the consistency I get out of this club. I find the extra loft gives me that bit more forgiveness. I value consistency over out right distance - I'm more than happy to sacrifice 10-15 yards of length when I nail one for the better dispersion when I don't.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Got a PIng G25 which I find very forgiving but even then I can still make a real hash of tee shots. I'd suggest to the OP to go out and try as many as possible with an open mind and see what works best

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
An RBZ Stage 2 - it's set at 9.5 degrees. I can honestly say it has transformed my driving. It's the one club in my bag I would not be without.