what driver? budget £100-£130

Richie13

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
im currently using a ben sayers c-330 m flex driver, and its far to flexible for my swing speed, finding it unatrual having to slow my swing speed down as not to have the club head flick at the ball and send it 100yards high 100yards long!

my slice is still evident but thankfully not still a slice of extreme proportions i,m keeping ball in play! and livable but improovable!!

my swing speed is around 90mph should i opt for a stiff or r flex shaft?

and what decent drivers are out there in my price range?

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
cobra's are good tbh, I have a hs-9 that I hit quite well, only got my nike cos the gf bought it to go with my bag & hybrids (and I said I wouldnt mind one) and still trying to tame it ;)

tbh I would go to a range and try a few out if possible and see what suits you

Richie13

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I need a driver with a fair amount of forgivness and what ive read about the vr's stays away from that,

will be going to try a few out this next week, still unsure on weather a stiff or reg flex shaft will better suit me

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i just bought a taylor made superfast driver from american golf for £130

9.5 degree stiff shaft, defintley keeps the ball nice and low

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cobra F-Speed LD is an older driver but still a very nice one. The S2 is very nice as well.

The F-speed can be got for around £60-70 and with your budget you could get a matching 3 wood to go with it. 2 very nice clubs for shopping on a budget.

I changed to reg shaft and noticed an improvement for my lower swing speed over the stiff shaft I did have.

Looks like you are bit of a Nike man though.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
So many options in that price bracket,

Callaway FT-IQ
Mizuno MX 700
Cleveland Launcher DST
Benross Quad
MD Seve Icon
Benross VX Proto
MD Superstrong
Callaway Diablo Edge
Nike Machspeed

And those are just the first ones that spring to mind that can be bought new at that price. Any of those would suit I suspect.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Used to have a mizuno mx 700 and it's a nice driver and forgiving.

It may be worth your while paying abit extra though and get fitted because the shaft does make a huge difference as I found out when I got fitted.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Used to have a mizuno mx 700 and it's a nice driver and forgiving.

It may be worth your while paying abit extra though and get fitted because the shaft does make a huge difference as I found out when I got fitted.

I bought an MX-700 for £99.99, and it's a great club.

hangover

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
im currently using a ben sayers c-330 m flex driver, and its far to flexible for my swing speed, finding it unatrual having to slow my swing speed down as not to have the club head flick at the ball and send it 100yards high 100yards long!
my slice is still evident but thankfully not still a slice of extreme proportions i,m keeping ball in play! and livable but improovable!!
my swing speed is around 90mph should i opt for a stiff or r flex shaft?
and what decent drivers are out there in my price range?

I have a Nike vr str8 fit tour regular driver you can have for £100 delivered.
It's in excellent condition, no skymarks or chips

Richie13

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
came away with nike machspeed black square 10.5* reg flex shaft, hit it the best out of MSB pear, cobrs s3, TM R9, superfast burner 2.0 and the diablo red

left the shop and headed to the range, need to get used to the lenth of the driver, but early signs are good, carrying 200yds uphill but after hitting so many balls focus started to drop cant wait to get it out on the course!!!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
came away with nike machspeed black square 10.5* reg flex shaft, hit it the best out of MSB pear, cobrs s3, TM R9, superfast burner 2.0 and the diablo red

left the shop and headed to the range, need to get used to the lenth of the driver, but early signs are good, carrying 200yds uphill but after hitting so many balls focus started to drop cant wait to get it out on the course!!!

You did well if you managed to pick one of those up within budget. Whilst I am not a massive fan of the club, they are retailing for £180-£190 in the shops near me.