What do you regret having sold - golf or otherwise?

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Inspired by just having come out of a music shop after salivating over an American Blonde Fender Telecaster, black scratch plate and maple neck.

I had an identical one (a 1974) and sold it some years back but jiggered if I can remember why.

I am sorely tempted to buy the one I've just been ogling. It's calling to me even now.

HELP!!! Someone grab my wallet quickly 👀

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
1964 fender Jaguar lake placid blue
1969 jaguar white
1968 fender coronado ocean terq
rickebacker 360 12 string
Gibson 1959 330
gretsck chet atkins country gent and tennesse rose 64/67

loads of old valve amps

all brought cheap, but all sold before the boom in prices. now one of these costs more now than i paid for the lot

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
1962 mini van ,
1964 HA viva
1964 morris traveller
1965 MK1 cortina 1500 GT
many other cars .
golf wise nothing really comes to mind ,
fishing wise
.mitchell 300 reel
tri cast aristocrat 13ft match rod

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
1969 jaguar white
Gibson 1959 330

loads of old valve amps

all brought cheap, but all sold before the boom in prices. now one of these costs more now than i paid for the lot

If only we'd known, eh?

I still have my Fender Twin and my Mesa Boogie Studio 22. My son uses both and although they're a bit old and tired now I'm glad I kept them. Mind, not when I'm lugging the Twin from my car at 2.00am after the occasional gig (still do 1 or 2 a year)

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
1969 jaguar white
Gibson 1959 330

loads of old valve amps

Just, wow. Two of my all time favorites right there :(

Mine would be my first electric, it was an old Satellite 335 copy, not special in anyone's eyes but I loved it. Still kick myself 26 years later for practically giving it away. Ibanez are releasing something very similar this year so may have to move something on to make way for one.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
If only we'd known, eh?

I still have my Fender Twin and my Mesa Boogie Studio 22. My son uses both and although they're a bit old and tired now I'm glad I kept them. Mind, not when I'm lugging the Twin from my car at 2.00am after the occasional gig (still do 1 or 2 a year)

yep had a twin as well my main amp, think it was a mid 60's silverface. seriously powerful amp. worked great with the gear i used. had an AC30 from the mid 60's as well but couldn't touch the twin.

disappointing that you can no longer get any bargains vintage guitar wise. the main Jaguar was only bought for a few hundred and the most expensive was the 330 for 800, which was a lot at the time; 1990... last guitar i got before giving up a couple of years later.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
The original star ways figures I played with as a kid, sold at a car boot, for probably 10p a figure, even played with out of the packing figures are fetching a small fortune now. Also some Dinky cars and tanks, again sold for a pittance but now would be worth a tidy sum.

Hindsight eh!!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Just, wow. Two of my all time favorites right there :(

Mine would be my first electric, it was an old Satellite 335 copy, not special in anyone's eyes but I loved it. Still kick myself 26 years later for practically giving it away. Ibanez are releasing something very similar this year so may have to move something on to make way for one.

both purchased before the prices went crazy. one was from a junk shop in Luton the other from a music shop also in Luton that still had music masters and Mustangs from the 60's brand new with the tags on

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
BMW ZM
100 meters of Scalectric track with some classic cars
my chefs knives when i quit cooking as a profession.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
A couple of Pentax Spotmatics I had back in the day...
Super quality lenses on them...
Took some of my best piccie's with them...

I also had one of the last made Ford Anglia's...
Had 'souped' it up a bit with a 1500GT engine and 51/2J rims ;)...
Wouldn't mind having that puppie parked on the drive at the mo'...

jdpjamesp

Q-School Graduate
www.jdpalmer.co.uk
I sold my trumpet that I'd played since I was about 12 because I needed some cash. Didn't get as much as I wanted for it, but was an eBay sale so had to honour it. Stupid me not setting a reserve. Anyhow I now sorely regret it at the times when I really fancy pulling out the horn and giving it a blast. Have to console myself with listening to CDs of better players than me.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Nothing, actually. Really, I thought about this for several minutes, but there is nothing I once owned and gave up which I would now want back. I moved into a small hut (literally a hut in the woods) and lived there for two and a half years a while back, meaning I gave away a lot of my stuff. I am now back in a more conventional life in a normal flat and had to buy quite a few things again (like a washing machine, a kitchen, some furniture etc. pp.), but I had saved enough money to afford it, so it did not bother me. Actually, giving all that stuff up in the first place felt like a liberation more than anything else.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Golfwise......a GBB 4 wood. Hit it like a dream.

Good thread Johnny :thup: