What a truly fantastic way to spend an evening

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've spent the evening re-gripping all my clubs as, we'll I can't play at the minute through injury but more importantly they needed doing.
This is the first time I've re-gripped my own irons and woods and I have to say I've really enjoyed it.

Went from worn Golf Pride New Decade Multi compounds

temporary-31.jpg

To this

BD209B9E-4593-4EDB-B449-2078A4A35AE6-3915-00000184F199E544.jpg

To this

B6408028-5110-4BB6-8DD3-AFA3551CFACC-3915-00000184D04E1B29.jpg

And this

36A4A36C-0144-448C-A7DF-6743B7E75647-3915-00000184D7A2B9BC.jpg

Chose Lamkin 3gen performance in "almost" Mizuno blue :mad:, Greg (infife) will be pleased :whoo:

All grips built up with 2 additional layers and 1 layer of grip tape. I should take 3 build ups, but with these being 0.580 grips on 0.600 shafts I only need 2 layers to build them up.

What a fantastic way of spending a few hours of an evening :thup:

Much, much easier than I thought :)

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
cool im in the same kind of process but with the added extra of reshafting!!! shafts on order still sundries to buy. but stuff it i will give it a go

Slicer30

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Gareth - its probably being asked before but could you post the kit required to do it?

Is the grip tape and additional tape different?

nice job By the way.

T

thecraw

Hate to burst your bubble Gareth but the Lamkin 3gen are absolutely horrendous in the wet. Never ever used such a whoopsie grip in the wet.

With you'd asked me if I'd used these and I would have said avoid like the plague!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Chose Lamkin 3gen performance in "almost" Mizuno blue :mad:, Greg (infife) will be pleased :whoo:

All grips built up with 2 additional layers and 1 layer of grip tape. I should take 3 build ups, but with these being 0.580 grips on 0.600 shafts I only need 2 layers to build them up.

^
^
^
That part means nothing to me whatsoever :confused:

But the BLUE looks nice! :cool:

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Gareth - its probably being asked before but could you post the kit required to do it?

Is the grip tape and additional tape different?

nice job By the way.

Yip, lots of people use masking tape then the double sided grip tape.

Pretty much as Valentino says

Grips (obviously), tape, masking tape if you want to built it up. Solvent. Sharp Stanley knife with a curved blade. Vice and a rubber shaft clamp. A small bucket to catch excess solvent. Oh and lots of patience :mad:

Looks nice mate, but in picture 2 your feet are totally out of allignment, :blah:

Fragger

Push fade fella :thup:

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hate to burst your bubble Gareth but the Lamkin 3gen are absolutely horrendous in the wet. Never ever used such a whoopsie grip in the wet.

With you'd asked me if I'd used these and I would have said avoid like the plague!

take it theyre in the same league as golf pride tour wrap, the worst choice ive made golf wise

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
defo a lesson learned this season. i shouldnt be worrying about losing my club into a pond when its raining (pond in my avatar)
will be testing three iron shafts the moro thanks to thecraw

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site

That's the one thing I find with grips..... Or shafts, or pretty much anything else in this game.

A friend of mine, Cat 1 player, recommended them (The 3Gen) to me as a pretty good all rounder. He has them on all his clubs, and rates them highly.

I'll agree with you on the GP tour 2g wraps.... I had them on my wedges...... Didn't like them at all.