Westwood and Billy part company

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
just read that article myself, a shame as they seemed to work really well together but you can understand that 1 week on 1 week off doesnt really work.
also interested to note there is a vancancy for a short game coach on team westwood again as tony johnstone has departed too after the poor chipping in shanghai.

D

Deleted member 1740

Billy foster will be at our club on 1st December at our presentation evening, no doubt I'll bend his ear after a few pints....I'm annoying like that you see!

Stub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sorry to hear Lee and Billy have parted but it is understandable in the circumstances. More surprised that he has parted from Tony Johnstone as, Shanghai apart, I thought Westwood's short game improved under Johnstone.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
So this year Westwood has got rid of Cowen,Johnstone,Foster and is moving to the states.Wasnt Westwood the best golfer in the world with these guys on board and living here in the UK? Just missing out on a few majors surely doesent justify this change,he was getting so close to winning one that it was inevitable that he would at some stage.I dont thing Westwood needs such a drastic change to win a major I think he just needed to plug away as he has been and it would happen.Hope it works out for him!

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Foster is supposedly the best bagman about, so shouldn't be short of work for too long! Bit surprised that Lee would drop him after a good & long period!

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not surprised, yes they were a good partnership but maybe it's just been too long.

It could've caused them to go into a rut. Lee may be looking to change it up as he pushes for his major. Hence the move to the states and the team rebooting.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Perhaps he didnt fancy moving to the USA ? Understandable I suppose. Westy did say (on the PYB day) that they were best mates , so i guess it would have been mutual.

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
WESTY seems to be looking for a complete change,move to the states change of couches and now a split from his long term pal BILLY baring in mind his well reported knee problems and his absence for a lot this season,seems this is the norm these days and if it gives him a new better frame of mind for his push to gain a major then who are we to comment.

T

thecraw

Billy is probably pee'd off giving perfect lines and reads only for Lee's stroke to break down time and time again!

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Billy is probably pee'd off giving perfect lines and reads only for Lee's stroke to break down time and time again!

male29-male-theater-cinema-smiley-e.gif

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think it is a good time to do it with Fosters injury and Westwood looking to move lock stock and barrel to the US. Not actually surprised about splitting from Johnstone as short game coach as he lives in England and I doubt would fancy schlepping over to the US all the time to help. Pretty sure Westwood will end up going to Dave Pelz once he is over there

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Westwood could ask a question in the Ask the Experts section on how to improve his short game.

brickie

Medal Winner
Visit site
Billy was a speaker at our club, Bracken Ghyll, last Friday night and he certainly knew nothing of his pending sacking then. Either that or he is also an accomplished actor as well as caddy!!