Wenr Shopping For Shoes, Bought Irons!!

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having a browse through Direct Golf to see if anything took my fancy on the 20%-off deal and liked the look off 2 pairs of Adidas shoes - £27 and £31 each - bargain. Then decided to go and check out the new store in Reading. Instead of shoes, bought some JPX 800s - there was none in stock but the deal was so god I couldn't resist - paid £390 for 4-PW and a free MP-T quad-ct 60 degree lob wedge (worth £105)!! That includes £30 for a fitting when they are in next week. I hit a few balls on the monitor and he concluded that I need stiff shafts and was not impressed with the 10,000 degree of spin on the ball with the regular shaft MX200 7iron - which he reckons will be less with the stiff shaft and a likely correction to 1 degree upright. Hopefully getting the clubs next Sunday - although not sure how long it will take him to do the alteration if I need it when I have a proper fitting. Looking forward to using them - next time I buy irons I may do the sensible thing and actually hit them first!! An impetuous decision, which is par for the course with me. :D :p

Bye bye M25s!!

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Homer - it is the same place - looked very similar to what I remember, i.e. layout the same, but I believe that they are going to improve things as they have only just moved in - I didn't look too carefully but there was a fair selection of clothes.

surefire

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Is that what use to be Nevada Bobs? Last time I went there it had very little in for such a big premises. Is it any better an worth a journey

Think they did the same in Farnborough, and not having been since it changed, my opinion of the place would match your opinion of Reading.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Is that what use to be Nevada Bobs? Last time I went there it had very little in for such a big premises. Is it any better an worth a journey

Think they did the same in Farnborough, and not having been since it changed, my opinion of the place would match your opinion of Reading.

I bought my Mizuno's from Nevada Bobs in Farnborough, after custom fiiting in New Malden. Didn't realise it is now Direct Golf. May have to take the afternoon off tomorrow and have a look round. ;)

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Re: Went Shopping For Shoes, Bought Irons!!

when you say m25 do you mean mx25? If so do you fancy selling me your 8 iron :) :D??? I lost mine two weeks ago and it has not been handed in!!

sorry - will look to sell the lot!

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
I keep looking at the DG website. Their offers are really tempting me.

I've been doing that for days! Got a new kitchen etc recentyl so not flush but finally caved today....

A dozen B330-S and a Mizuno T10 wedge for under £65 was just too good to turn down, hoping they get delivered this week when I'm at home and the Mrs is at work!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I keep looking at the DG website. Their offers are really tempting me.

I've been doing that for days! Got a new kitchen etc recentyl so not flush but finally caved today....

A dozen B330-S and a Mizuno T10 wedge for under £65 was just too good to turn down, hoping they get delivered this week when I'm at home and the Mrs is at work!

Going tomorrow to one of the stores. Those Mizuno wedges look tempting. ;)

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
If the MP-T10's are half as good as the MP-T11's then they're a steal at that price.

They could be better, haven't they got the old square grooves ?

I believe so. If they're better then it's outstanding value.

The MP-T11's are hardly under performers though, even with the new grooves. Even a hacker like myself can get some spin and control off them!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
If the MP-T10's are half as good as the MP-T11's then they're a steal at that price.

They could be better, haven't they got the old square grooves ?

I believe so. If they're better then it's outstanding value.

The MP-T11's are hardly under performers though, even with the new grooves. Even a hacker like myself can get some spin and control off them!

Only winding you up, as i seem to remember you did mention buying the MP-T11 !! :D

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
40 quid for the wedge is a very good deal. Just as happy with the price on the balls aswell tbh, been sticking to the bridgestones and very impressed. All personal preference of course but i like them more than pro v's and z stars.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Just got back from Farnborough store. Two new Mizuno mpt 10 wedges for £40 each, and two dozen Srixon ZStars for £31.98. I did have a try with the Mizuno MP62's which were going for just over £300. Lovely clubs but my resolve held not to replace my Mp52's. Mind you the sale is still on tomorrow. ;)

A

Alex1975

@OP,£390 is a good deal imo.

@whoever said about the fli-hi for £25, thats super cheeeep! Edit:its actualy £23.99 but seems to just be LH :mad: