Wedge Test

bmoore558

Visit site
I have recently been to have a wedge test. The pro recommended 52* 8-10 bounce, and a 58* 10-12 bounce with a c grind. He recommended vokey's, tm tour preferred and cleveland 588 rtx 2.0. I like the look of the cleveland's, but they don't tell me whether they are c grind, only dots. Which one's would be the equivalent of the c grind and are they available with 10-12 bounce. Thanks

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I have recently been to have a wedge test. The pro recommended 52* 8-10 bounce, and a 58* 10-12 bounce with a c grind. He recommended vokey's, tm tour preferred and cleveland 588 rtx 2.0. I like the look of the cleveland's, but they don't tell me whether they are c grind, only dots. Which one's would be the equivalent of the c grind and are they available with 10-12 bounce. Thanks

Is that a C-Grind on both wedges? As a 'slider' I'm certainly a fan of the C-Grind on Gap Wedge and any other that is going to be used off (tight) fairways. But I'm not sure about using it on one that is to be used for Bunker work. An aggressive C-Grind can promote digging into the sand, especially in deep bunkers.

C Grind basically removes the leading edge side of the camber, so flattens/lowers the leading edge. The amount removed depends on the individual player's need. This is particularly useful for pickers/sliders (like me) who might otherwise have a tendency to thin, especially off firm (eg links) turf. Callaway are the only oem I know of that do a 'standard' C-Grind. The SM5 M-Grind is pretty close though - with most of the camber removed. The Cleveland 1 Dot could be a light C-Grind, but the 2-Dot is a more aggressive one and more like the bounce the Pro has recommended. The TM TP is possibly the closest natural C-Grind shape.

The best solution is really to get in touch with (orgo back to) the Pro and ask about the suitability of each!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
That would indicate you are NOT a slider or that the fairways are pretty soft - so you only really need help for the Lob shot.

The 2-Dot Cleveland would seem the more appropriate in that case. But check with the Pro to make sure!