Wedge shaft question

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Having my clubs looked at tomorrow with a view to moving from Regular to senior or A flex ( existing thread in lounge)

Should I also be looking at my wedge shafts too or is it set in stone that they are a stiffer shafted club

Thanks

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Many would say we would benefit from having softer shafts in our wedges, more feel on shorter shots etc
which probably outnumber the amount of full shots we hit over a season.

So ladies or junior flex phil, which will you choose :D

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Many would say we would benefit from having softer shafts in our wedges, more feel on shorter shots etc
which probably outnumber the amount of full shots we hit over a season.

So ladies or junior flex phil, which will you choose :D

Whatever works mate, im not proud, ask Imurg :)

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
If you swing your wedges like your itons (80%+) probably go for a shaft the suits a fuller swing.

If your not going at that rate I'd be tempted for a stiffer flex.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Unless you are unhappy with your current wedge performance, then there's no need to change!

Wedge play is supposedly a 'finesse' shot, so the full swing issue that you are changing your shafts on the irons doesn't really apply! You could consider calibrating 9i and 8i for finesse swings though!

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
No yes or no on this one. Do you play many full shots with your wedges?

Some shafts are exactly the same weight through the whole set. So my PX wedge shaft is the same weight as my 3 iron shaft. Other shafts are the opposit. Take the new Rifle shafts, each shaft through the set gets lighter.

You seeing Alex at Okra.

It's absolutely not the case that you wedge shafts need to be stiff and a lot of wedge guru's suggest pluses to matching iron and wedge shafts.