Wedge Bounce

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Agreed but in the early gorge models (c2015) they didn't quote bounce degrees and so only offered wedges in varying sole widths. At least now Ping have put the bounce on their latest wedges

Pretty sure you could find the specs online if you really wanted them.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Agreed but in the early gorge models (c2015) they didn't quote bounce degrees and so only offered wedges in varying sole widths. At least now Ping have put the bounce on their latest wedges

And there are other manufacturers so the point was being made that sole width does not always refer to the amount of bounce.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
And there are other manufacturers so the point was being made that sole width does not always refer to the amount of bounce.
Of course there are and most, thankfully have the bounce on their clubs or if buying a newer version it'll be on the websites. My issue was merely that at the time Ping merely produced wedges based on sole widths and there was no mention of bounce on the club at all. Of course sole width and bounce aren't always a direct correlation but I was pointing out that the TS Ping produced was a low bounce option and WS a much higher version. To be honest most of the top modern wedges are all based on bounce and then grinds to give players a far better choice of options

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Of course there are and most, thankfully have the bounce on their clubs or if buying a newer version it'll be on the websites. My issue was merely that at the time Ping merely produced wedges based on sole widths and there was no mention of bounce on the club at all. Of course sole width and bounce aren't always a direct correlation but I was pointing out that the TS Ping produced was a low bounce option and WS a much higher version. To be honest most of the top modern wedges are all based on bounce and then grinds to give players a far better choice of options

So why introduce a historic issue that probably no longer exists which will only serve to confuse the OP?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So why introduce a historic issue that probably no longer exists which will only serve to confuse the OP?
Well for one thing the OP never mentioned if he was looking at new or old clubs and there are certainly some good 2nd hand wedge bargains on the old Gorge models around. Secondly, other makers also have dabbled with thinner and thicker soles and so pointed out in generic terms a thin sole is usually a low bounce and a wider sole a higher model