Watch out there's a fraudster about.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
There is a scam going on at the moment where ebay users are getting an email from "paypal webmaster" saying that there has been unauthorised or fraudulent use of their account.

It requires you to login via a false paypal link hence giving your account details to the fraudsters running this scam.

I have reported this to ebay and paypal, just thought I would give all the GM forummers a heads-up.

Pass this on to friends and family if you like.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
cheers mwj.....will watch out......my final ebay buy will arrive soon, then it's only selling from RGuk!

Incidentaly......why does paypal take so f******* long.

I paid for my G5 on 8th Feb.....still "pending" according to ebay. I could have walked to the other side of the country and paid the bloke in cash at his local boozer.

I just don't get it....I've verified my account, they took the money IMMEDIATELY then don't pass it on for 7-9 working days....what a con! If they want to make interest from pending payments why not offer instant transfer (one working day) for a £2 fee or something. The poor bloke wants to post my driver and he's sitting around forever????

geronimo

Head Pro
Visit site
cheers mwj.....will watch out......my final ebay buy will arrive soon, then it's only selling from RGuk!

Incidentaly......why does paypal take so f******* long.

I paid for my G5 on 8th Feb.....still "pending" according to ebay. I could have walked to the other side of the country and paid the bloke in cash at his local boozer.

I just don't get it....I've verified my account, they took the money IMMEDIATELY then don't pass it on for 7-9 working days....what a con! If they want to make interest from pending payments why not offer instant transfer (one working day) for a £2 fee or something. The poor bloke wants to post my driver and he's sitting around forever????

if you paid via a bank transfer it is slow, the best way is to pay it via you're debt card or credit card that way it is instant.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Dave,

They do pass the money to the sellers paypal account instantly as long as the funding source is a credit/debit card. I always post goods as soon as funds are in the paypal account.

What frustratingly takes time with PP is withdrawing funds from a paypal account into your own bank, 5-7 working days in fact.

If they took the money from you immediately it should have been with the seller instantly. Perhaps he is waiting for it to transfer to his bank before posting the item.

Jon

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Delay is also the other way around as well. If your Paypal account is linked to your bank account, as mine is, and you look to make a payment, it take 5-7 working days for paypal to take the money from your account and send it on, despite the fact that it leaves your bank that day. Had this delay myself recently.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I did suggest to my bank that we should be able to set up 'internet' accounts, with a card just for that account.

You wouldn't put any money into it until you decided to make a purchase, then only put in sufficient funds for that transaction. This you could do with your online banking, so no delays necessary.
At any other time it would be a blind hole and anyone trying to rip it would a) get stuff-all and b) be a lot easier to track.

Still waiting.