Washer /Dryer recommendations

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Not within to hijack the other thread (cos I don’t fancy BIM sitting on me)

Bought a house to rent out and currently refurbing the kitchen
Need a standard size washer dryer, that is very reliable yet doesn’t cost the earth.

Over to the guys n gals of The Forum

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Assuming when you say "standard size" you mean freestanding and have a minimum of at leat 855 height, Blomberg do a nice one that comes with a 3 year warranty when you register it. Beko do one, slighly slighty cheaper than the Blomberg. Of course theres Indeshit if you want, though personally I wouldn't. The first 2 would be my initial directions for a budget friendly (not forgetting most have increased in price and got harder to obtain) rental machine.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I bought a washer/dryer a couple of months ago for the holiday cottage I rent out, and wish I hadn't bothered. I was just going to buy a washer but was talked into a washer/dryer by my partner. Bought an integrated Hotpoint. The drying cycle times are ridiculously long, my electricity bill will be through the roof this year.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Not within to hijack the other thread (cos I don’t fancy BIM sitting on me)

Bought a house to rent out and currently refurbing the kitchen
Need a standard size washer dryer, that is very reliable yet doesn’t cost the earth.

Over to the guys n gals of The Forum

I wouldn't't sit on you Fragger, I'd be too busy drinking your Smokehead. :)

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not sure that "cheap" and "reliable washer dryer" are particularly compatible. Especially if the person using it doesn't have the responsibility for repairing/ replacing it.
If you can't do separates, just get a washer would be my advice.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought a washer/dryer a couple of months ago for the holiday cottage I rent out, and wish I hadn't bothered. I was just going to buy a washer but was talked into a washer/dryer by my partner. Bought an integrated Hotpoint. The drying cycle times are ridiculously long, my electricity bill will be through the roof this year.
It's easy to forget the maximum drying load is half load for cottons, and less for more delicate fabrics. That makes a big impact on drying times, but yes, the Hotpoint/Indeshits aren't the best;)

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure that "cheap" and "reliable washer dryer" are particularly compatible. Especially if the person using it doesn't have the responsibility for repairing/ replacing it.
If you can't do separates, just get a washer would be my advice.
Having a washer dryer over just a washing machine makes a big difference for prospective renters because who wants all their washing on airers all over the flat?