*video* my swing

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can honestly say that's the biggest overswing with the driver I have ever seen! :eek: :D check out the club angle at top. Should be parallel to path. You need to slow swing down too...alot.

For driver, Posture needs to be more dynamic. Hands aren't hanging down comfortably. Grip is baseball.... :eek: compare you address with pro images online.

Iron swing and posture is better. You look off-balance after follow through though.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As above, it seems your trying to murder every swing, putting loads of excess stress on your body and trying to do the work yourself instead of the club. I was really worried that you was going to let a club slip and lose the window,

Slow it down, then slow it down some more...

SG86

Medal Winner
Visit site
WOW, how have you not injuryed yourself yet? I got whiplash watching that video.

Slow and steady, get a rhythm going. If you falling around like a drunk on your finish position it's because your going too far too fast.

Reduce your swing speed,
Reduce your backswing,
Try and get some rhythm going,

The big slice you have is due to the massive over swing, if you look at your video when the club is at the very top its pointing towards your next door neighbours house, it should be nearer those two black drain pipes, try and keep your hands more flexible but mainly go slower.

The iron swing looks okay, but same thing applies, slow and steady, dont try and "grip it and rip it".

A good basis to work on as you have a full swing, with a little refinement and some tweeking you could be breaking 100 soon. Just remember slow down.

SG86

BunkerBoy31

Medal Winner
Visit site
You have the potential to have a good golf swing...

Good Points:
* Flexibility - Required to generate a powerful golf swing

* Takeaway - You take the club away with you sholders and not your arms, getting the club into a good position going back.

* Speed - You generate good clubhead speed going through the ball.

Bad Points:
* Balance - Every swing you made was off balance. Every good golf swing requires good balance. If you swing out of your shoes your going to lack consistancy.

* Overswinging - Try to shorten your backswing. Like most of the guys have been saying you will cause yourself a bad neck injury. You only need to turn your sholders 90 degrees going back.

Id suggest going to the driving range and start by taking out a pitching wedge. Start off by hitting shots at 50% power, then 70% and work your way upto full power but always maintaining your balance.

Good luck

scozzie

Medal Winner
Visit site
a good drill i use for balance is to stand with legs together and use 7/8I with nice and easy swing just concentrating on getting thru ball nicely and not tipping over!! once you've got that down and making good contact,gradually move your feet apart (do not increase swing speed!!)till you are hitting full shots easily & staying upright with normal stance.works with any club really and good for reining in that overswing to keep balanced,good luck.