video : my driver swing

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
finally got back into my youtube account so uploaded a driver swing from tonight. some feedback would be great. good points and bad, im ready to listen and will try to incorporate any advice. cheers :)

[video=youtube;IFhf4lEtbJ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFhf4lEtbJ4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

A

Alex1975

Ball looks like its starting left, where is it finishing?

What problems are you having with your drives? Do you always tee up that high? What do you see in your video?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
the hole doglegs around to the left. the ball started right side of fariway and turned over to the left semi.

yeah i always tee it up pretty high. i hate the hands appearing over the shoulders quickly in the follow through. looks very sloppy.

A

Alex1975

Your a better golfer than me so its not for me to comment, I just wanted to ask some questions that I am sure will come and to get your post rolling. You have still not said what problems you are having off the tee.

What do you see and what problems are you having?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
my driving can be very erratic. i used to play a fade then worked on hitting a draw. this last few weeks ive been hitting an intentional pull hook to good effect althogh it requires perfect timing. i was aiming to the right rough, having the hands well forward at address then either knocking it straight or pulling it into left semi. that swing in the video is similar although i was trying to stand a little more square to the target trying to eliminate the big hooks that appear.

when i say i hit a fade is was more like a controlled slice. it worked for a while but as i came down in handicap i needed more distance and not to be hitting the ball OB on our dangerous holes that has the danger on the right. this was especially the case with a left to right wind. nothing worse than watching you ball sail over the fence on 14 and 15 after a solid 13 holes.

A

Alex1975

Hmm, bob is all over it as usual, if you look at the clip without playing it you can see your feel pointing right, your hips and shoulders are straight or closed as is the club head...

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You feel you're aiming right but your shoulders are square. Mixed with a closed clubface is not a good recipe

if im going to continue with this swing will i try to make sure my shoulders and hips are facing right along with my feet ?

shot 7 over today and got another nice wee cut. down to 10.0! beat on bot yet again for 2nd and 3rd. pushed down to 4th. typical!

theballboy

Medal Winner
Visit site
finally got back into my youtube account so uploaded a driver swing from tonight. some feedback would be great. good points and bad, im ready to listen and will try to incorporate any advice. cheers :)

[video=youtube;IFhf4lEtbJ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFhf4lEtbJ4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

great swing. Has definate panache. I know a guy from Derry who I play with sometimes who doesn't have the panache you have.

but on a side not 'GaryinDerry'. Should it not read Gary in Merseyside now

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I'd hazard a guess he's not playing in the camo shorts and polo shirt these days!

Agree re the stretching btw. Unnecessary/unwanted tension. But a good sweep!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
ill have to get a new one made. that was in the summer. god only knows what my driver swing looks like at the minute.