Video Golf Swing - too Long and Across the Line

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Ok how about a club shaft that points at the target, that would be nice

Nice maybe but not as important as what is happening at impact.
Don't get hooked up on trying to create the perfect swing just so it looks right.
If I were you I'd check my grip and swingpath and leave the rest alone

String22

Hacker
Visit site
Nice maybe but not as important as what is happening at impact.
Don't get hooked up on trying to create the perfect swing just so it looks right.
If I were you I'd check my grip and swingpath and leave the rest alone

Ok changing impact is a difficult thing to do directly as it happens so fast, I'm more inclined to think about changing things on the backswing and setup to create a better impact as a result. Any ideas for that? Am I early extending?

Grips good, I've got a training grip with grooves that I constantly check my grip with. Also trying to work on a more in to out path.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I hit a lot of push fades and some pulls.

A push fade can be caused by an out to in swing path with a open clubface to that path and possibly the target
Your pull will probably be caused by an out to in swingpath with the face square to that path.

Hence the reason I suggested you check your swing path and your grip

Your backswing WILL NOT cause a pull/push fade

String22

Hacker
Visit site
A push fade can be caused by an out to in swing path with a open clubface to that path and possibly the target
Your pull will probably be caused by an out to in swingpath with the face square to that path.
Hence the reason I suggested you check your swing path and your grip
Your backswing WILL NOT cause a pull/push fade

Yep thanks, working on an in to out path now. Do you think I suffer from early extension?

String22

Hacker
Visit site
There is a slight movement but not enough to worry about as far as priorities are concerned.

So top priority should be swing path?
I thought an out to in path with face open would be a slice where the ball starts left, where as my ball starts right and fades.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
So top priority should be swing path?
I thought an out to in path with face open would be a slice where the ball starts left, where as my ball starts right and fades.

The ball starts roughly where the clubface is pointing at impact and the out to in swing path puts the slice spin on the ball so it will start right then fade