Video for TimChump (and Jimbooo)

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
From my living room!!! Video for TimChump (and Jimbooo)

Made a couple of vids explaining a little about swing plane and swinging over/under the plane and the correct position to get into....

2nd one is uploading but here's the 1st.....

[video=youtube_share;kkzxW0DCUps]http://youtu.be/kkzxW0DCUps[/video]

Open to CONSTRUCTIVE feedback as ever :whistle:

Last edited:

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
Re: From my living room!!! Video for TimChump (and Jimbooo)

makes a lot of sense and something I am guilty of (work in progress at the mo)

good vid James :thup:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com

Cheers Gibbo.... 2nd one just finished uploading

it's a bit of a ramble......

and I don't hit the cat with my golf club
...it's more of a scoop :whistle:

[video=youtube_share;I8GxhZkQpzM]http://youtu.be/I8GxhZkQpzM[/video]

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Another approach is to (at least feel you) have the left hand/arm leading and the body following.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Thanks Just One really helpful .

What you say about getting in the slot but the difference between having turned or not i think is key for me, i'm definitely guilty of the latter.

What do you think is the best swing thought from the top of the backswing, getting the club to shallow out/ flatten,
I've read about hands falling, lower body moving forward before the backswing has completed, though really struggle with this move.

My natural steep swing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_RX4YRcGiI&feature=plcp

Trying to force the club to flatten more
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k8q8530Irc&feature=plcp

Last edited:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

enjoyed these videos. when you mentioned in the second video about coming ott and having to jump out of the way it describes one of my mates swings in a nutshell.

Jimbooo

Challenge Tour Pro
www.gosimply.com

Great help those videos, many thanks! I'm just about to post an update in my other swing thread - I had to go and try it out :)

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com

Thanks Just One really helpful .

What you say about getting in the slot but the difference between having turned or not i think is key for me, i'm definitely guilty of the latter.

What do you think is the best swing thought from the top of the backswing, getting the club to shallow out/ flatten,
I've read about hands falling, lower body moving forward before the backswing has completed, though really struggle with this move.

I wouldn't use the expression shallow/flatten per se... it just drops for a split second but retains it's inclination to the ground.

Interesting swing you have there.. you really hit the ball!!!!!

My personal impression is that to 'fix' your swing (if we assume it needs fixing) then we need to do it from the wrong end and start with the follow through. flipping your right foot over like that isn't good as it's representitive of a SPIN and not of a SWING.

I'd suggest you hit some shots with your right foot not coming off the ground more than 45 degrees.. so it NEVER gets to vertical or 'up on the toe'.

On your downswing try and think of it more 'rolling sideways' onto it's instep before it lifts a little after the ball is hit. This should help you get your hips moving a little more towards the target before you just spin out of the shot.

Sceondly (and this may fix itself) is to think that after you've hit the ball you have to swing up and over a set of golfclubs that someone has inconveniently left in front of your left hip :D

At the moment your follow through is too low and too 'around' which is actually helping you swing OTT (you might not need to worry too much about this if you can control that right foot!).

grab a couple more vids if possible and one from the front would be cool :thup:

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Yep i like to give the ball a good whack, i find i'm just as accurate or inaccurate if i swing slow or fast, figure i might as well go for it :whoo:

interesting you said about the right foot i noticed my hips don't seem to stop or even slow down at impact like "better players", which i guessed maybe related, but i didn't change as thought at least im getting my weight through the ball .

If it's causing swing path issues like you say i'll definitely work on it.

The swing video was about a week ago, haven't had chance to try the swing thoughts from yours videos, im really looking forward to good range session tomorrow now

Hopefully ill be able to upload a video in the week. ( have a decent camera on order)

Thanks again if you can help me stop coming OTT il owe you :thup:

Last edited:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com

No problem, I'm off to RickG's golfing for the next 3 days, I'm taking my laptop but if you don't hear from me it's 'cos I'm drunk :D