Vibes in the Vines

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Charidy gig in Horam, Sussex last night. 6pm till midnight showcasing lots of new up and coming local bands.

All in the aid of Cancer Relief.

Not bad for £20, eh ?

Oh, and Gary Moore turned up and did an hour's worth of sheer genius.

And I mean genius. Whilst he might not be the best guitarist that ever lived, he's right up there. And far and away the best I've ever seen.

I don't care if you're a drum and basser, or country and westerner, new romantic or punk. Just listen and appreciate his stuff.

I first saw him in '81 when I was into the Jam, Clash etc. and hated all that long flowery stuff of ELP etc. But listening to this guy, I was an immediate convert.

Moore plays good old fashioned Rock guitar, and since then has added some outstanding Blues to his repertoire. Add to that some guitar dueling with a brilliant guy called Ray Russell ( no I've not heard of him either,but he's apparantly famous ). Not so young Ray was fantastic, but so obviously 2nd rate when compared with the maestro.

It's not often you see true genius, but when you do, I don't care whether it's your cup of tea or not, you just have to bow down and appreciate.

And yes, he did do Parisienne Walkways :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I like his stuff and have done for years. Mind you I saw a guy in a local group playing in the village pub last night and he was awesome on guitar. This guy did a load of rock tracks (Hotel California, Freebird, Sweet Home Alabama, plus more modern stuff like Money for Nothing etc) and he blew the pub away. The rest of the group were so so but how this guy wasn't playing bigger and better is beyond me