Vendee Globe

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hello Sailor!!...... is anybody following this unbelievable race?
https://www.vendeeglobe.org/en/tracking-map
Two, less than famous for an Island Nation, Brits, man & woman, are involved but both have suffered damage to their yachts.
Just 50 years since Knox-Johnson made the first non-stop single-handed circumnavigation in 312 days & we didn't have a clue where he was for much of that time.
These folk are aiming to beat the record of a bit over 74 days in 'foiling' yachts & you can follow their progress in great detail...... incredible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 1156

The link is for Rob Burrow and it should be in OOB, apart from that great post ??

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
As a lifelong sailor and someone who works in the industry I have been following this quite closely.

To just complete the race is a true test and an incredible achievement, but almost think they are pushing the boats a bit too far in terms of design now. Whilst I feel very sorry for Alex Thomson for having to retire, I do feel like his team have let him down a bit and ultimately it looks like the boat was not strong enough as it broke halfway down the Atlantic nevermind before it got to the southern ocean.

Just glad that the guy whos boat sank was rescued, we didnt need another fatality like what happened in the most recent Volvo Round the World Race.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
First finisher crosses the line after 80 days racing........ however he may not be the winner.
Although if the German guy had not smacked into a fishing boat he might of been on the podium as well ?