Vaping

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
GB72 kindly helped me help someone else try and get into vaping as opposed to the dreaded weed.

she has tried it but two things put her off and I need to know is she either doing it wrong or is the equipment faulty or is this normal?

When she starts it off she gets a sparking crackling noise like oil in a frying pan, quite loud too. Plus the taste is slightly bitter and a slight burnt taste to it, she's using cherry.

So its nothing like smoking so she reaches for the marlborough lites yet again:angry:

Its a good battery and a new glass top (whatever its called)

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes the crackling noise is normal. Sometimes you get the burnt taste but this is normally when the heating coil bit (not sure of the proper name) is about to fail. Can also happen when you put in a new coil. To stop it take a few drags on it without the button pressed in just to draw the liquid into it. Should solve the problem. If it's the taste she's missing then they do have tobacco flavours available.

EDIT - just checked mine and its called a Dual Coil Unit

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Thanks Mate, will take it back to shop tomorrow and see what they think, plus I'll get her some tobacco flavoured 'stuff'- is there one tastes like Marlborough Lites or does it not work that way?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The shop I go to has Lambert and Butler flavour I think it is so they definitely do specific ones. Personally I've tried to move away from the taste and I'm enjoying trying out some of the flavours but that's just me.

Just come across this.......

http://ukvapers.org/Thread-Best-Marlboro-Lite-E-Liquid

In the comments seems like some are saying they have found a good one and others are saying there's nothing like it.

Scotty Cameron

Head Pro
Visit site
does anyone know what the actual liquid consists of, will it be a health hazard in a few years ????
I know that tobacco is regarded as a worse health hazard now than it was years ago, hell, it was fashionable to smoke in the old days and no-one cared about the risks.

Not trying to put a dampener on anything, just curious.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
does anyone know what the actual liquid consists of, will it be a health hazard in a few years ????
I know that tobacco is regarded as a worse health hazard now than it was years ago, hell, it was fashionable to smoke in the old days and no-one cared about the risks.

my Gran was advised by her Doctor to START smoking to relieve stress :eek:

like most things it will suddenly be announced it bad for you, then another research grant funded UNI will counter it then......blah blah

At the end of the day you are changing a liquid into a vapour by heating it, then firing it into your lungs. What could possibly be unhealthy about that:whistle:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site

glycerin and glycol ethers, plus flavorings. I am playing the "it has to better than cigs" when questioning the health angle.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
glycerin and glycol ethers, plus flavorings. I am playing the "it has to better than cigs" when questioning the health angle.

Pretty much the same here. Spoke to my doctor about it last time I was there and her comment was that she could not officially recommend it but was of the opinion that it was a far better option than smoking. Just quitting was still the best thing but this would do if quitting was a problem.

Thing is, we will never easily get to the bottom of the health issues of vaping. Too many vested interests in the tobacoo industry to allow a definitive study.

SHiiBBZ

Club Champion
Visit site
Love mine. Can do it anywhere, don't smell and doesn't cost a fortune.

I occasionally get the 'burnt' flavour, but very rarely. I try and do flavours that aren't like fags. Banana, Berry Burst, Vanilla and Blackcurrant have all been nice.

I'm not sure if it's 'good' for you - but again, it has to be better than cigs doesn't it?

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
What kits are you all using?

I bought one at a local shop but it's a bit, well, crap.

Loads and loads of choice online so any recommendations would be appreciated.

** I think there was a thread on this but I can't find it anywhere so asking again here, apologies if it's duplicated!

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I bought a cheap starter kit, and it nearly put me off.

I went and bought an Aspire Nautilus Mini atomiser and an 1100 mAh Aspire G Power battery (£20 and £14 respectively) and haven't looked back.

I might replace the battery with a variable voltage one later on, but I'm happy with what I have just now.

MarkE

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
What kits are you all using?

I bought one at a local shop but it's a bit, well, crap.

Loads and loads of choice online so any recommendations would be appreciated.

I've never smoked, the missus however has been on the fags for 30+ years. She has tried everything to give up, including accupuncture and hypnosis to no avail. This vaping thing seems to at last cracked it. She uses a Multivape and tobacco leaf flavour liquid. She can't quite believe it's working after all the other efforts to stop. Added bonus is once you have bought the kit, it's about a fiver a week against £35 on the fags. http://www.multicig.co.uk/multivape/kits/

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use a 20w Ileaf Istick. Well worth a look, very small and compact but powerful and both vv and vw. Only about 30 quid. Use it with a mini nautilus

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a decent kit, that I can refill with lots of nice flavours? I'm on 20 a day and I really think I could use one of these to cut down during the day.

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I use an aspire cb tank, bottom coil, with a riva 1100 non variable battery. Juice wise I like the fruit based flavours and minty stuff.

smoked 20 a day for best part of 20 years, haven't had a single fag since I started vaping

as far as I am aware the only contents in the juice are glycerol and vegetable extracts, but it's the lack of approximately 1000 harmful substances present in fags

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a decent kit, that I can refill with lots of nice flavours? I'm on 20 a day and I really think I could use one of these to cut down during the day.

I would highly recommend going to a local vaping shop and talking to them. Every one I have been in have been very helpful. They will find the best set up for you and normally have the facility to try juices to find ones you like. Think of it as being custom fit.