Upgrading Car Headlights

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm looking at getting a Mazda 6, I've got a Mazda 3 and have been impressed with it. It's an 09 and flew through it's MOT in November. I would like a bigger car and the Mazda 6 looks cool. What are your impressions of it? Also, will a set of clubs and trolley fit in the boot easilly?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm looking at getting a Mazda 6, I've got a Mazda 3 and have been impressed with it. It's an 09 and flew through it's MOT in November. I would like a bigger car and the Mazda 6 looks cool. What are your impressions of it? Also, will a set of clubs and trolley fit in the boot easilly?
I think shape you are looking at is the same as mine, just parts of the dash slightly different. Mine is a 2.2d, auto estate, or tourer as they call them now. It's a very easy car to drive, it's light and nimble. The seats are comfy, on long and short journeys. The display is simple and clear.

The engine I have is nippy, power when you need it and it sits calmly on the motorway.

I looked at the saloon and would have got one if the right car had been there. Getting your clubs in shouldn't be an issue. The tourer that popped up was a good deal though so I went for that.

The two slight disappointments, the headlights obviously, and the mpg isn't as good as hoped. I'm getting mid 40's right now, about 50 on long journeys. All winter driving of course but I got better than that from an older E class that was 400kg heavier. It's not bad, just not as good as I would expect.

Overall, I'm pleased with it though. It's a good car. If you have any specific questions, fire away.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
After much prevarication, good word, I have just bought some Osram Nightbreakers. They come with a 12 month guarantee so if they blow early I should be covered. I've been putting it off because it looks as though fitting them will be a pig but after another short journey marred by awful light I decided enough was enough.

I think ideally I would change the whole unit out and have Xenon or LED's fitted but sadly that is not as simple as it sounds so I am hoping these bulbs make enough of a difference. I'll post again once I've fitted and run them.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Rubbish weather…poor visibility…? Slow down. Keep distance. Maybe?

Or new headlamps that dazzle and distract drivers ahead by reflecting in their rear mirror…well something causes it and I’m not sure it’s drivers forgetting that they have their headlamps on full beam ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
In my case it's definitely the lights. I'm doing the same routes as in previous cars, I can do the same journeys in my wife's car and have great, but safe for others visibility. I'm not looking to dazzle oncoming cars, I just want to clearly see the road infront.

At the moment Morgan Freeman could chauffeur Miss Daisy faster than it's safer for me to drive country roads at night.