Unusual golf hole names

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played at Hazlemere recently, they have a hole named "Luke Donald's Ace". I couldn't for the life of me figure out what happened for it to get that name. :unsure:

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Muckhart possibly Brian. The 4th on the Cowden course is Spion Kop. Par 4 to a green at the top of the hill. Not a hard hole but one that is quite narrow at the mid point. Used to be a member there.

Canmore in Dunfermline also has a par 3, the 12th I think, called Spion Kop.

Craigie Hill GC, 5th is Spion Kop and 11th is Skinny Lizzie.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Prefer names of holes to relate to the hole or some geographic feature or golfing aspect of the hole. Holes are not named in current track. But of clubs previously a member of I liked the names of holes on Pitlochry and East Renfrewshire. All conveyed a sense of place or golfing challenge - and I like that. Though what non-Scots might think of a hole called Lag-Na-Buie or Guid Skelp I am not so sure :)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Prefer names of holes to relate to the hole or some geographic feature or aspect of the hole. Holes are not named in current track. But of clubs previously a member of I liked the names of holes on Pitlochry and East Renfrewshire. All conveyed a sense of place or golfing challenge - and I like that. Though what non-Scots might think of a hole called Lag-Na-Buie or Guid Skelp I am not so sure :)
I would assume the course designer was Polish.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not Beatles tracks I know but Mannings Heath has the first two holes called Soddom and Gomorrah

I was there last Friday to watch the Nokia Masters on the Europro tour. I can see why ... it looks a tough course. I shan’t be playing it ... I don’t think my drives carry far enough on some holes to get over the crap and onto the fairway! 😂 That’s the Waterfall course ... I used to like the easier Kingfisher course, but they converted nine of the holes into a vineyard. I wouldn’t mind, but I don’t drink wine. 😥