Unbelievable.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I had this discussion the other day that we are housing this scum and others at the detriment of others.
Makes my blood boil. Yet there are others that will bang on about his rights.
What message does it send out.

D

Deleted member 16999

I had this discussion the other day that we are housing this scum and others at the detriment of others.
Makes my blood boil. Yet there are others that will bang on about his rights.
What message does it send out.
As much as I agree it’s a disgrace, I believe you’re getting the 2 subjects mixed up, we won’t be housing this scum any longer as he now has too much income/savings to receive housing benefit.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shame he hasn't had an "accident" whilst being held at Her Majestys pleasure...lets hope one befalls him sooner rather than later.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Paul. Unfortunately As with most situations like this they are usually entwined with more than the one problem. IE, he is housed in prison/ a house previously. He should not be here. He has not contributed to society. He has destroyed lives. Yet we have abused his.

D

Deleted member 16999

Paul. Unfortunately As with most situations like this they are usually entwined with more than the one problem. IE, he is housed in prison/ a house previously. He should not be here. He has not contributed to society. He has destroyed lives. Yet we have abused his.
I understand all that, but, he was here, he was caught, he was punished and the fact we can’t deport him is the biggest crime, that’s the bit that needs sorting out, if it is, everything after he’s caught doesn’t happen.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just take him for a flight over the Atlantic with the door open. A tactically placed banana skin should do the trick.

But seriously, the money this country wastes on stuff like this is an absolute joke. If his own country don’t want him back why should we keep him?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I have just donated most of the furniture from my parents house to a church charity that provides support to immigrants coming to Glasgow area - and being settled in Castlemilk. Just for information. These families literally have NOTHING and they get very little support from the state. I am only too happy that my parents furniture is going to help immigrant families who have nothing.

And we have the Daily Mail punting this stuff as if it's a common occurrence and having it lapped up by those who wish to believe that it is. That there are many who want to believe this stuff and do believe it - well I wish that that was unbelievable - unfortunately it true.

Last edited:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I have just donated most of the furniture from my parents house to a church charity that provides support to immigrants coming to Glasgow area - and being settled in Castlemilk. Just for information. These families literally have NOTHING and they get very little support from the state. I am only too happy that my parents furniture is going to help immigrant families who have nothing.

And we have the Daily Mail punting this stuff as if it's a common occurrence and having it lapped up by those who wish to believe that it is. That there are many who want to believe this stuff and do believe it - well I wish that that was unbelievable - unfortunately it true.

Where in the article does it say its a common occurrence?

Would you have been happier if it appeared in the broadsheets? Guess what, it does, including the Telegraph and the Times.

Do you feel it is right that he stays in the UK, or should he be deported back to Guinea?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Would you have been happier if it appeared in the broadsheets? Guess what, it does, including the Telegraph and the Times.

Do you feel it is right that he stays in the UK, or should he be deported back to Guinea?

It doesn't - but Daily Mail publish this sort of story enough times to make these sorts of occurrences seem regular. I have not looked into the story close enough and would not believe a word the DM said on any 'immigrant scandal' story.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
It doesn't - but Daily Mail publish this sort of story enough times to make these sorts of occurrences seem regular. I have not looked into the story close enough and would not believe a word the DM said on any 'immigrant scandal' story.

On this instance its true, surprisingly including the size of the pay out. What is disappointing is that not only is it reported in the UK press, pretty much every paper, its also reported in European and American media. Is it any wonder the UK is perceived as a soft touch.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
And we have the Daily Mail punting this stuff as if it's a common occurrence

It doesn't - but Daily Mail publish this sort of story enough times to make these sorts of occurrences seem regular.

No reply

No reply

That's very generous of you but what has it got to do with a double sex attacker from Southampton being given £110,000 of public money?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I think it's something to do with self gratification.

Maybe it's something to do with just the way our systems work. Sometimes they work in ways that we wouldn't like and that can seem unfair or just plain ludicrous - but they work that way for the protection of the more vulnerable and the innocent.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Maybe it's something to do with just the way our systems work. Sometimes they work in ways that we wouldn't like and that can seem unfair or just plain ludicrous - but they work that way for the protection of the more vulnerable and the innocent.

So how exactly does this system help his two victims? They still have the mental scars, he gets a pocketful of cash.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

It would appear to me that its "something to do with how our systems just DON'T work !

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
So how exactly does this system help his two victims? They still have the mental scars, he gets a pocketful of cash.

I'm not saying it's right - I'm saying that it's just how it is - and these things are usually in place for very good reasons and work well and noncontroversially 99% of the time. But there will always be the 1% tail.

And the DM is very good at finding the 1% tail and making the most of it especially when it involves immigrants or refugees. That is absolutely not to say it's a molehill and the DM are making a mountain out of it; it's not; it's serious. But sometimes we should perhaps accept that nothing is perfect; do our best for those harmed and in need of our support; and try and change things to get a different outcome for the same scenario in the future.

As for the perpetrators. Well - whilst remaining legal and true to our principles we make things as tricky or difficult as we can for them.