UA Raingear

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Any good.
Is there any particular model of it.
I know that the GoreTex branch of it will always be decent but I haven't got the shillings for splashing out on a complete shot.

I was looking at the Armourstorm 3 pants on the net and they look decent.
The only thing I have a pet hate with rainwear is when the jacket has a full Zip. I can't stand these as they nealy always bend out towards the handle of the club at address.
So that's why I prefer a 1/4 zip. It's also one less place for water to get in.
After this morning I need something decent.
Not going the GG route again had a GoreTex paclite top and I wasn't overly impressed with it.

I would imagine there's even very good trekking or hiking gear that's every bit useful for golf.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Any good.
Is there any particular model of it.
I know that the GoreTex branch of it will always be decent but I haven't got the shillings for splashing out on a complete shot.

I was looking at the Armourstorm 3 pants on the net and they look decent.
The only thing I have a pet hate with rainwear is when the jacket has a full Zip. I can't stand these as they nealy always bend out towards the handle of the club at address.
So that's why I prefer a 1/4 zip. It's also one less place for water to get in.
After this morning I need something decent.
Not going the GG route again had a GoreTex paclite top and I wasn't overly impressed with it.

I would imagine there's even very good trekking or hiking gear that's every bit useful for golf.

In this day and age I don't think many of the big names make poor wet weather gear these days and personally I wouldn't rush to buy Goretex as I think normal suffices

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
In this day and age I don't think many of the big names make poor wet weather gear these days and personally I wouldn't rush to buy Goretex as I think normal suffices

My thinking as well Homes. I think with all the New materials out the science behind them is as good if not better than GoreTex.

D

Deleted member 15344

My thinking as well Homes. I think with all the New materials out the science behind them is as good if not better than GoreTex.

There is a reason why the US and UK military all get kitted out in goretex

It's the best for the job , lightweight , breathable and waterproof in all types

chrisg

Head Pro
Visit site
The Under Armour gear made from cocona material is fantastic. I think the Armourstorm is made from that?

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site

I tried on a Nike hyperadapt (I think) jacket today and was really impressed with it.

It's made of a stretchy material so makes it so easy to swing in, I always feel restricted in a waterproof jacket but this was different to anything else I've seen/tried.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I tried on a Nike hyperadapt (I think) jacket today and was really impressed with it.

It's made of a stretchy material so makes it so easy to swing in, I always feel restricted in a waterproof jacket but this was different to anything else I've seen/tried.

That cocona fabric that Chris is talking about in his post is similar to that as well pal.
Seems real stretchy almost like the tracksuits of the 80's and 90's 😀

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
That cocona fabric that Chris is talking about in his post is similar to that as well pal.
Seems real stretchy almost like the tracksuits of the 80's and 90's 😀

Do Kappa do rain gear aswell as track suits? :whistle:

Didn't know that about the UA Cocona stuff, need to look into those aswell, cheers :thup:

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Under Armour gear made from cocona material is fantastic. I think the Armourstorm is made from that?

I have a waterproof cocona that I had to buy cause I left my Gary Green @ home.

Kept me bone dry in poor weather.

Retailed @ £85.

£50 if anyone wants it?

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do Kappa do rain gear aswell as track suits? :whistle:

Didn't know that about the UA Cocona stuff, need to look into those aswell, cheers :thup:

Ya pal. Like you now i hate being restricted when swinging. Only thing i dont like though are full zips. I prefer the 1/4 zip tops.