Typical !!!

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I never usually carry a Driver, been crap with them for decades, despite my 9 H/C, just dont know why.......

But after trying out a friends Titleist TS2 last week, and striping perhaps 3 of my best Drivers for years, I jumped in and picked one up from the Bay, in exact same spec, and am expecting delivery today.

However, played an an AmAm yesterday, and threw my old G5 into the Bag, for the hell of it, and again, hit 3/4 Drives of the type you only dream of, despite its ........what.....20year age ?
479yd Par 4, Drive,.......and an 8iron..........:eek: Crazy.

So, is this just a momentary epiphany, or a turning Point that the TS2 can only add to......we'll see....

This Game drives you nuts :oops:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you genuinely hadn't hit one in a really long time, is it not possible your swing has changed slightly or even improved slightly, enabling you to hit driver now? There may have been a swing fault way back then that you're not doing anymore.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I never usually carry a Driver, been crap with them for decades, despite my 9 H/C, just dont know why.......

But after trying out a friends Titleist TS2 last week, and striping perhaps 3 of my best Drivers for years, I jumped in and picked one up from the Bay, in exact same spec, and am expecting delivery today.

However, played an an AmAm yesterday, and threw my old G5 into the Bag, for the hell of it, and again, hit 3/4 Drives of the type you only dream of, despite its ........what.....20year age ?
479yd Par 4, Drive,.......and an 8iron..........:eek: Crazy.

So, is this just a momentary epiphany, or a turning Point that the TS2 can only add to......we'll see....

This Game drives you nuts :oops:

Obviously a common point of discussion regarding people not carrying a driver, or rarely using it.

Personally feel this is part of the challenge. Having struggled with the driver and now got a club I am very happy with, I am back to really enjoying hitting a driver and barely even using the 3 wood.

Clear issue with the driver is that a wayward shot is likely to be in trouble, more so than a wayward shot with any other club.

Confidence is key. As it putting a positive swing on it. A defensive swing with a driver is rarely going to work. You need a good tempo and to complete your swing (as you do with any club).

Clearly as a singe figures handicap, you can swing the club, so I'd say stay positive and try and put any bad shots behind you.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Mines been out for 6 months now and just hitting 3w

Its weird how the distance differential between driver and 3w is about 20 yards tops on a straight shot but a driver will go 40 yards further than 3w on a slice or hook :unsure:

Smasher

Medal Winner
Visit site
You do realise you're going to hit the TS2 badly now, then we'll have a 'TYPICAL!' thread.

Completely unrelated, i know a good home for any TS2s being sold :LOL:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have been leaving my clubs in my locker so I can commute straight to course. However as we had rain recently I took my old I25 irons and G25 driver to the range and was amazed how well I hit the driver in particular, My current G driver hasn't been misbehaving but you know when you plant that seed of doubt and start thinking "should I give the G25 a go".......

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have been leaving my clubs in my locker so I can commute straight to course. However as we had rain recently I took my old I25 irons and G25 driver to the range and was amazed how well I hit the driver in particular, My current G driver hasn't been misbehaving but you know when you plant that seed of doubt and start thinking "should I give the G25 a go".......

Have been thinking about picking up a G25 driver. I have the 3wood and love it. I hit it so much further and more accurate than my old titleist 910F 3 wood.

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well, my TS2 arrived yesterday, and flippin' 'eck, its literally like new, not bad for a £150 saving off new.

Couldnt resist nipping out on the course to try a few Drives, and yes, its long, certainly longer than my age'ing G5.
However, not sure that going out and ripping perhaps a Dozen drives straight off from various tees is the best way of testing it, I was less than warmed up and in the 'zone' lol.

Playing Thursday and Saturday, so will report back more as to whether my search for the fairways has been answered.