Trump, Scotland's President, program on last night

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
On BBC last light all about Trump Aberdeen.

some of the stuff revisited about planning and treatment of the adjoining properties, but also about the failure to deliver the 6000 jobs and Billion dollar investment promised.

Anyone else watch it?

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yea I watched it, made me chuckle when the neighbor was flying the Mexican flag.

Seems he hasn't delivered on the promises he made at the start of the process, can't see how it will ever be in profit.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Yea I watched it, made me chuckle when the neighbor was flying the Mexican flag.

Seems he hasn't delivered on the promises he made at the start of the process, can't see how it will ever be in profit.
There is no denying it is a fantastic course, but his statement that golfers are flocking from all over the world to play, was not in evidence the twice I've played it and one of those times was middle of August when everywhere else was packed with visitors, my home course included.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Make it too expensive, damages revenue. Too cheap, damages brand. Tough to get a balance...

Assume its another BBC agenda based programming again. Anti Trump, Anti golf (nasty white middle class mans' sport) etc etc

They've got too predictable now, that's bad enough, but disagree and refuse to fund them and you wind up in Court.

D

Deleted member 15344

Make it too expensive, damages revenue. Too cheap, damages brand. Tough to get a balance...

Assume its another BBC agenda based programming again. Anti Trump, Anti golf (nasty white middle class mans' sport) etc etc

They've got too predictable now, that's bad enough, but disagree and refuse to fund them and you wind up in Court.

I guess thats the same as having an agenda against the BBC - always looking for an agenda somewhere

You could always not pay the fee required and then just dont use the services that are required by it ? But i guess at some point in the past year you would have used a BBC service for something

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Only made it half way through

Do they honestly think he should have built a massive hotel, 2 courses, houses, holiday homes etc all in one go?

That he should still now press on and build the huge hotel despite there not being the anticipated trade?

How dare they have a phased plan and how dare they react to market conditions etc

All this whilst saying it was all his own money he invested and hadn't taken any handouts, grants etc and is still losing money?

And did they articulate the negative impact on the environment, it all seemed rather vague

On the plus side, he's eligible to play football for Scotland 'I have good feet, great feet, the best feet' - Make Scotland Average Again

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site

The BBC are impartial to a fault, I find, often attempting to defend the indefensible in the interest of "balance". They tend to piss people off for telling it like it is - I'm thinking scot nats and brexiteers in particular in recent history. In my case I was raging at them for a programme about the football team I support but, awkward thing is, what they said was basically true.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Having been involved in a few new builds and planning applications I have yet to discover an instance where the bio diversity of the land has not been improved by the development of a golf course. In a few cases such as Woburn, greatly improved.

Re .....The shifting sands... 60 years ago Muirfield was threatened by the shifting sands of Gullane dunes.
A fortune was spent over 20 years to stabilise them and redefine the bay.