Did anyone see PGA Tour on Sky last night?

wull

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Did you see about 25mins in they had Joe Miller the 2010 Long Drive Champion?

Good god this man hit a golf ball!! Here are his stats:-

Driver - XXS shaft and 4degrees of loft!!!!
Club head Speed - 150mph
Ball Speed - 225mph
Driver distance - 416yrds!

Joe was hitting balls into the simulator last night with Dennis Pugh and managed to get to 390yrds, and was hitting a nice little draw too!!

Joe is 6ft 4" and is a big lad (if he says you owe him £10, you give it him!), he takes on board 6000 calories every day!!! and works out 5 days a week mostly doing weights for his power, but I would have thought that he would have done a mix of weights and flexibility/core work?

he managed 405 yrds in the end up and 235 yrds with a 7 iron.he plays off scratch aswell.

PPE

Head Pro
Visit site
he managed 405 yrds in the end up and 235 yrds with a 7 iron.he plays off scratch aswell.

He must have been on again a bit later because his best out of the three balls was 390yrds and I defo didnt see that 7 iron........that was just incrediblem only 47% further than I can hit mine!

Correction, it was 414yrds...............into a slight head wind that he won with!!!!

The reason that he is not on tour yet is due to 3-putting on every green!!! Drive for show!!!!

I think the ball they use is a Pinnacle from memory cant remember which model though.

wull

Tour Rookie
Visit site
He must have been on again a bit later because his best out of the three balls was 390yrds and I defo didnt see that 7 iron........that was just incrediblem only 47% further than I can hit mine!

Correction, it was 414yrds...............into a slight head wind that he won with!!!!

The reason that he is not on tour yet is due to 3-putting on every green!!! Drive for show!!!!

I think the ball they use is a Pinnacle from memory cant remember which model though.

yeah they had him on again later because they wanted him to get 400 yrds +.it is pinnacle as they sponsor the long drive or at least they do the remax world championship.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
There are some big hitters on these long driving comps but many spray them big style but this guy seemed to have the lot, distance and accuracy. Will it be enough to make a living as a pro golfer though. Not so sure