Trump gets the wind up

Teetotal

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just read that the cigar chomping Donald Trump is considering pulling out of developing his multi-million golf resort in Aberdeen because he will be able to see a wind farm 4 miles off shore!! He's meeting with the wind farm developers today to tell them they can't infringe on his view. What a brat.

MacMachattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I wouldn't have thought the wind farm would be the top of his problems list... try the wind. The Aberdeenshire coast is a fairly breezy and chilly place - ok for the summer months but not great from October to March. It's not like St Andrews where you get a good deal of excellent golfing days through the winter. Although it's only 75 miles up the coast you get pretty different weather. I play in Aberdeenshire through the winter and can confirm that the best term to describe average conditions is, "adverse."

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. I played Cruden Bay (just up the coast) last September and the whole area seems the perfect spot for a shedload of windfarms. Breezy is not the word. Perhaps Trump would make a better return from investing his money in them instead of the golf course