Travel insurance advice:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It’s that time of year to get the cover sorted for our May holiday and other than prices rocketing, we’re obviously trying to get a package that covers for as many eventualities as poss especially with c19 still floating.

We’ve found a good package but what isn’t covered is end supplier failure?

would I be right in assuming that this is if the holiday operator goes bust , for example the Thomas cook situation?

We have booked through Tui on a Tui/first choice flight staying in a Tui owned hotel so I’d like to think if my assumption of end supplier failure is correct this shouldn’t be an issue.

Thanks in advance.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Odd socks.One other thing to consider is to pay for part of your Holiday through a CREDIT Card. This way if your holiday goes belly up ( the company goes bust) it is covered through that. Me and Missis Tash did an around the world trip back in 2019. Our first flight from Uk to San Francisco was with Thomas Cook. They went bust on the Monday as we were to fly on the Friday. We got our brass back through the credit card. There is a minimum amount to pay but we have paid for holidays in the past and they have been covered this way.
Secondly you are right to read the small print. My parents had to cancel there 28 day cruise over Christmas and the new year around the Caribbean, due to my mother getting gall stones. The insurance company have done nothing but drag there heels, and create work. I received an email the other day saying they have agreed to settle up paying £1950 less excess. They should be getting £5650. ??

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback guys, after a very long chat we’ve decided to move Mexico to 2023 as we get married the same year and can use this as a honeymoon but there’s definitely things we never used to look at which are now a must to review. On a side note I cannot believe how much insurance as gone up. Hopefully as covid calms down so will the rates but I doubt it.

Tash, good luck with mum and dads claim, that really is poor from the insurance company.