Trapped club in hatchback!

RangeMonkey

Visit site
So, the other day I was shutting my boot lid, and my hybrid had slid out of my bag somewhat, and the shaft got caught, just below the head.

Some of the paint has come off the carbon fibre shaft, but the cf itself doesn’t seem to be damaged.

At my lesson today, the pro said I’d probably get away with wrapping a bit of electrical tape around the shaft, to stop more paint from flaking off.

However, I’m wondering if this is could be a good excuse to look at some new shiny things...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So, the other day I was shutting my boot lid, and my hybrid had slid out of my bag somewhat, and the shaft got caught, just below the head.

Some of the paint has come off the carbon fibre shaft, but the cf itself doesn’t seem to be damaged.

At my lesson today, the pro said I’d probably get away with wrapping a bit of electrical tape around the shaft, to stop more paint from flaking off.

However, I’m wondering if this is could be a good excuse to look at some new shiny things...
Think deep down you know the answer already. Get shopping

D

Deleted member 21258

Personally I would recommend, getting some more lessons.

Various areas require improvement, Maybe a lesson on how to put clubs away with damaging them or maybe one on how to apply some electrical tape to shaft, but myself I think I would rather have a lesson on how to reshaft clubs. You know you can never have enough lessons ;)

D

Deleted member 23270

Personally I would recommend, getting some more lessons.

Various areas require improvement, Maybe a lesson on how to put clubs away with damaging them or maybe one on how to apply some electrical tape to shaft, but myself I think I would rather have a lesson on how to reshaft clubs. You know you can never have enough lessons ;)
I don't think lessons are the solution, this is clearly another case of someone buying a car without getting properly fitted first :unsure:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Hit it - it snaps guess you know you did some more damage than you thought!

It doesn't snap, continue to play it till it does.

?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If it is a club on which the shaft can easily be removed to change loft etc it's easy to pick up another shaft on ebay for the better known makes

RangeMonkey

Visit site
If it is a club on which the shaft can easily be removed to change loft etc it's easy to pick up another shaft on ebay for the better known makes

Nah, it’s a Wilson Deep Red that came as part of a £400 pax hake set of ten clubs + bag, so it has no adjustability. But on the upside, the potential loss is minor.

I’ve hit it a couple of dozen times since, and it does seem to be only paint damage.

The biggest problem is that I’ve only just started hitting it, and I haven’t yet got the hang of a swing with a longer stick. So if I do need to replace it soon (if it does break), I’ll be buying blind, as I couldn’t face the embarrassment of trying to get fit - or even having a go to try one out - with the shots I’m playing with it right now ?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
The problem with carbon is that it suddenly just breaks without you seeing it before. I have a GBP 180 alignment stick in my bag as well.
Saying that, the pro put another shaft in the club head for just £40 and after 3 months I can finally hit it (on the range).