Toot Hill GC

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
Played here today for the second time this year.
Great course with really friendly staff, combined with a starter that made you feel at ease !
Scored pretty well (for me) especially as golf seems to of taken a back seat these last few years, thanks to a busy job and 3 teenage children.
Today did remind me why I love the game so much though.
Be interested if anyone else has played here, or courses nr by?
GBC

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Yep I've played Toot Hill several times over the last two or three years.

Some lovely holes, always in good condition and never received anything less than a very friendly welcome.

Played Abridge, which isn't too far away, a couple of months ago..... also very welcoming, decent condition.

D

Deleted member 21258

Played it last week, conditioning and the finishing of the course I thought was excellent and a lot better than 'so called better courses'.

Didn't like that there were greens next to some tees and fairways, on one hole I was walking upto a green(13th iirc) and almost got hit from the right, then got to the green and someone landed on the green from the left, 15th is even closer for instance.

Nice course for sure and the finishing/looking after is probably better than any other Essex course I have played at and wouldn't turn down a round there again, as really enjoyed it.

Thinking about doing a golf day at Abridge next year, nickjdavis what is the course like ? Lots or rough is it suitable for a group of mid to high handicaps ?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Thinking about doing a golf day at Abridge next year, nickjdavis what is the course like ? Lots or rough is it suitable for a group of mid to high handicaps ?

The rough isnt deep at Abridge but it is quite thick and lush. Fairways are generally generous but there are some tight holes here and there. Its also not an awfully long course at 6157 off the yellows and a group of mid to high handicappers should be OK....though 28 handicappers who are 28 cappers becasue thats the highest handicap that the system allows them may find it a bit of a struggle. The society I played in had a range of handicaps from 5 up to 27 with the majority being around the 13-22 mark....no one thought it was overly testing or unsuitable for their ability.