To keep cleveland cg7's or replace with wilson deep red for my skill level?

mklock

Visit site
Hi all,

I have a conundrum and I'm looking for advice. I play on and off socially and would consider myself a high handicap. We don't even keep score anymore. I do have a few moments of brilliance but they are few.

I purchased some clubs from american golf a couple of Years ago . the service was poor , i have been told by current employees that they would not have recommended tthem. I can play with them but have the feeling they might be hindering my progress rather than helping

The clubs are Cleveland cg7 black pearl clubs

I have got it into my head that i should part with these and pickup a set of Wilson deep red WT 3 which are for high handicap beginners and would give me consistency as I hone my game.

Am I thinking correctly? Or should i stick with the clevelands as they are a better club?

Thanks

Mike

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I had a set of these before changing them for the CG16 which were a replacement model. As long as they're not the tour version then they should be fine. The CG7 are a game improver model aimed for mid to high handicaps.
After that you're looking at super game improves which are like rescue clubs and really chunky.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Firstly, clubs won't give you consistency. Only lessons and practice will do that.

As far as the clubs are concerned, only you can decide really if they are 'for you' or not. You are only playing social golf for fun so the bottom line is enjoyment, do you enjoy hitting the Clevelands? If yes, keep them but if not, change them.