Ti 3 woods! yes, i found one

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yo Ti addicts!
I am happy with my driver (1998 GBBertha), although I haven't ruled out a lottery win (FT-5?).....and I want to get a new 3 wood and tasty rescue choice. What I really wanted was a big-ish Titanium type 3 wood, but my trip to the pro, the range, AG, and the muni all came up blank.... :mad:

However, I found a club on the Taylor Made web site - a 3 wood R5 dual ti. It only took me 10 minutes to find one on the intraweb, and it's bought!

http://www.taylormadegolf.com/product_detail.asp?pID=19

I used to love my bubble burner and tried a SuperQuad R7 off a few tees the other day....awesome, but £££££££

So, fingers crossed for this......anyone know anything? is 179cc bigger than regular steel 3 woods? Does Sergio really play TM and will it be better than a Ben Sayers M2 fairway?

Dave

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Yes, Sergio plays Taylor made.

Can't see the point in big headed three woods, unless you don't carry a driver (although you seem to be able to get 13° drivers these days, which are really a strong three). Shallow heads work better from the fairway, deeper faces for off the tee.

calc07

Hacker
Visit site
i kno what u mean about the big headed three woods, i still have a taylor mad bubble burner and the head is ridiculous i cant hit it off the deck at all, however i have to carry it because some of the holes on my course have hazards in play if u take the big dig but they still require a decent drive, so basically it is jus sittin in my bag for one or 2 shots wasting space, however im looking for a new three wood and was wonderin if any one had any ideas!!!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am just about to put a Cleveland Hi-Bore 3 wood 15 degree loft and regular shaft on ebay (will go on tonight). Is the 2007 model and only 6 months old but having been to have my clubs fitted I moved to a higer loft driver and I use that and my 5 wood. Is a great club and not bad at all off the deck.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't see the point in big headed three woods, unless you don't carry a driver (although you seem to be able to get 13° drivers these days, which are really a strong three). Shallow heads work better from the fairway, deeper faces for off the tee.

I'm looking to use it mostly off the tee actually. I had a look at a new ping rapture, callaway bertha etc. 3 woods but for a long-term 3 wood off the tee player, I thought a deeper/wider face might be more useful. Since I can just about hit my driver off the deck (not that I do very often) and that's 250cc, this at 180cc is going to be bigger and hopefully sweeter than my ancient steelhead - (that's also well out of shape).

I only expect it to be marginally bigger on the face.

Dave