This weekend's GM results as they come in .....

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Slightly modifying RGUKs idea for one weekend only I was wondering if people would be interested in posting their scores on this thread as they come in from the course?(or at some point of convenience)

Simple and basic is probably best:

How about- format/HC played/score/diff. or win-loose.....

followed by a ten word summary of the day? but whatever suits

Who is going to be first? (tickertape tickertape)

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Format: Some points format I'd never played before (points for winning hole or coming second, nothing for third. But whoever lost a whole would go back to 0pts and points would be added/subtracted from other totals)

Full handicap for everyone
Final score: Pete 10pts, me 8pts, Derek 0pts

Summary: Miracle course was open, glad I didn't come last :)

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Event : friendly (ha ha) with Mr B
Format: Stableford
Full hcap
Moi 31 points (poor! - dropped 3 pts on last 2 holes aagh!)
Soi 26 points (disaster!)
Not a particularly sweet victory, but my game is still better than two weeks ago.
Can't blame anything on the new club. When I hit it well, it did v. nicely (and vice versa)
Hoping for a better report next weekend.

AliB

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nothing to play in this week as the winter league is still going. I played 18 holes and was well pleased with the way I hit the ball. A few bad tee shots with the old driver but I hit my irons well. I had 2 2's so cant complain about my putting, could of been 4 2's but we cant hole them all. We won the money so thats the main thing. Cant wait until the competition's start, big aim this year to get down to 1.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Meh, played again today, 18 holes, started birdie birdie bogey birdie, par and ended up shooting 77 (+6) Blowing a gale and was fine on par 4/5's but par 3s were atrocious.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Homer, If I could give you one tip on practice and competition putting it would be this matey:
Practive looking at the hole rather than the ball, give it a go for all putts under 25 feet or so. Its been a revalation since I started a few weeks ago. After a couple of goes, the ball position becomes second nature and you can commit to a proper stroke without analysing the back stroke which can put me off if I notice I havent taken it back totally straight.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
37 points in a Stableford at Glen Golf Club in a year long league competition I have with 10/12 friends.

This was the penultimate round of our season and I've now been overtaken for the first time since June. Bugger.

I'm 1 point behind my pal, Colin, and we're due to play the league decider at his home club on 22nd March. It'll be my 99th course, too !

Great tee to green today (38 shots) but crap on the green again (40 putts) for a 78.

I give up on the putting and am considering blindfolding myself! The putter nearly ended up in the Firth of Forth today. Damned slippy these putter grips.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really wierd day for me, i think i hit 11 out of 18 fairways but went round in 7's mostly, couldnt get my irons going at all. My new putter was superb, kept me from going round in 9's. Sore leg didnt help, could really commit to full shots. Playing a short course tommorow to try get my short game back. Came second out of 3 in a stroke play round.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sunday Stapleford competition as qualifer for our individual matchplay-
Scored 38 points with three non scoring holes-took 7 on 3 par 4 holes-
Hit 9 of 13 fairways-New driver working well
Putted well apart from the 3 three putts.

as stated in previous post on road to recovery from back injury--did not realise how bad the game was due to the injury and how i was protecting my body.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played the short course today, carried on as i left yesterday, Cack. But my back nine was super, 4 pars and mostly all GIR's Funny old game innit.