this is better?

hogan53

Visit site
which do you think is the better swing - hogan's classic style ot tiger's modern power swing?

a toss up between arguably the two greatest ball strikers of all time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMme63rleag

couldn't get the video up as im at work and the computers are rubbish - so just copy the link and watch the master, be interesting to see how many are in favour of the modern over the classic swing and vice versa.

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
Love the reverse C! There is so much more finesse in the classic swing-it looks so smooth and all flows into one rather than Tigers back and power through.

Its difficult to say which is better as you have to consider the eras they played in and the demands of the game which have changed dramatically. There’s no denying that Tigers power is so impressive but I think Hogan’s is more enjoyable to watch.

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
I agree with Paul, Tiger can look quite jerky (I can't believe I'm criticising the swing of world's best golfer!) in comparison to certainly Hogan but also players like Donald, Goosen, Love and Els.

My favourite swing has to be Freddie Couples, that smooth tempo combined with the trademark loop was just great to watch to in his heyday

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Luke Donald's tempo is just the best thing to watch at the moment, while Els' complete swing is pure poetary - although has it recovered fully form his knee injury?
Woods has almost got less attractive the older he gets ... but more effective i suppose!