Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My friend did a small UK tour including O2 Liverpool and O2 Sheffield as well as smaller venues like the Cheese and Grain in From and the 1865 in Southampton. Very good response from the band who were thrilled to be on stage and the crowd who wanted to see the artist live again after so long. Granted the age of the audience is older but not a hint of drunkeness
Probably the age group…obviously the case with nightclubs. That said the chaos in the Dover gig was initiated by a 57yr old and his family and mates joined in - maybe that’s Dover for you…

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just picked up my diabetes meds + 2 boxes of paracetamol. €3.15… pension goes a long way out here.

Free prescriptions in Scotland.
The amount of Meds my Mrs is on makes me mighty glad of that.
I balance out the act as I was asked who my doctor was recently only to be told he retired 3 years ago.:love:

As an aside my wife has traced her side of the family back to Robert the Bruce.
On the side of his daughter Margaret' s marriage to one of the Stewart family.

Essex girl with Scots heritage.....now.

Last edited:

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Free prescriptions in Scotland.
The amount of Meds my Mrs is on makes me mighty glad of that.
I balance out the act as I was asked who my doctor was recently only to be told he retired 3 years ago.:love:

As an aside my wife has traced her side of the family back to Robert the Bruce.
On the side of his daughter Margaret' s marriage to one of the Stewart family.

Essex girl with Scots heritage.....now.

they are always paid for by someone!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
My 50th Peloton class today. Bit of a saddo but planned a live class for my 50th with Bradley Rose, which at 10.30am only had 600 riders...end result I got a live shout out for my 50th in the class :love:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Mmm, “gladden the heart” or foolish.

Played a quarter final at the bowls club. Singles, with only 2 woods and you had to be within a yard for the shot to count. I played some of my best, controlled bowling ever, often taking on high tariff shots to ‘build the score.’

A great win against someone who was also on their game. Maybe a dangerous result…. Against Mrs Hobbit:eek::eek:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Played a quarter final at the bowls club. Singles, with only 2 woods and you had to be within a yard for the shot to count. I played some of my best, controlled bowling ever, often taking on high tariff shots to ‘build the score.’

A great win against someone who was also on their game. Maybe a dangerous result…. Against Mrs Hobbit:eek::eek:

My thoughts are with you during these difficult times. :cry:

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s been a pleasure knowing you Bri - enjoy life in the spare room with bread and water ?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watching The Bee Gees One Night Only on Sky Arts. So sad that of 4 brothers only Barry is still with us. I typed it's a tragedy and then realised how wrong that sounded!

RichA

Visit site
Rose and Gio’s Argentinian Tango…oh Rose ?
I get a little misty eyed every week, imagining how proud her parents must be of her. She's amazing and he is an incredible teacher and partner.
Having said that, I've also got a bit of a thing for AJ.
And having thought that the all male couple wouldn't work, they've done some really moving dances.
Hopefully, they'll be the three in the final next week.
I lost interest in Strictly a few years ago, having been kind of forced to watch by my ex-dancer wife. This year has been extremely watchable.