Things That Gladden The Heart

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Delia’s Traditional Christmas Cake (1).

First time bake of a major fruit cake and I choose Delia‘s Christmas Cake recipe ? Well the mix was done with no mistakes…and it tasted lovely.

Now in the oven for four and half hours so only time will tell whether or not my superb baker of a mum would be proud. In fact she’d be proud that I’ve had a go. Update 10:30pm…
The proof will be in the pudding, if you made that too :ROFLMAO: well done Shug.(y)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
A visit to a NHS hospital yesterday and today and I have to say that the service was brilliant. Now the clinics are being controlled by Coronavirus, the clinics are giving appointment times, and are sticking well to them. No waiting rooms stuffed full of people, seen on time and the staff seem much more relaxed. We were in and out as quickly as could be done and, given what I had done being slightly invasive, we managed some laughs which didnt used to be the case.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
A visit to a NHS hospital yesterday and today and I have to say that the service was brilliant. Now the clinics are being controlled by Coronavirus, the clinics are giving appointment times, and are sticking well to them. No waiting rooms stuffed full of people, seen on time and the staff seem much more relaxed. We were in and out as quickly as could be done and, given what I had done being slightly invasive, we managed some laughs which didnt used to be the case.
Hopefully, same will apply to me post hip replacement op assesment on Thursday too. Seems to have gone better than the 1st one (the other side!).

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

The hospital I work at is doing much the same and it is working well. Timings are being kept much better and the flow in and out managed well. Hope you get better from the procedure soon

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Mirrors what happened for my check up last week, everything ran to time.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ordered some Christmas led lights for the conservatory on sat evening. Had a senior moment and ordered 10metre when should have been 20.
Cancelled order on Sun and reordered 20metres.
Arrived this afternoon and are now up and running. Got to love the efficiency of Amazon!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Delia’s Traditional Christmas Cake (1).

First time bake of a major fruit cake and I choose Delia‘s Christmas Cake recipe ? Well the mix was done with no mistakes…and it tasted lovely.

Now in the oven for four and half hours so only time will tell whether or not my superb baker of a mum would be proud. In fact she’d be proud that I’ve had a go. Update 10:30pm…

Delia’s Traditional Christmas Cake (2).

Well…it’s out of the oven and looks the business…and it seems to pass the surface ‘push’ test. Unfortunately Delia is vague about how long baking should take - suggesting it could take half to three quarter hours more.?‍♂️ But I’m not going to be cutting into it until Christmas - and so…going to have to wait and hope that my ?? is OK.

Last edited:

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Brentford announcing that they will be wearing the same first team strip next season to be more sustainable and to save fans money and remove the pressure to buy new shirts every year. If only all clubs signed up to this, have a strip for the duration fo the shirt deal or shirt sponsor.

Sadly I am watching rugby go the other way but they again our top clubs need every revenue stream they can get which if not the case amongst top football clubs.
And the sad thing is, they were debating on GMB this morning whether it was a good thing as fans "apparently" like the pleasure of buying several new shirts each year - not if you've got kids they don't.
Personally, it's a disgrace that clubs release 3 new kits per year - it used to be that the home shirt was changed one year and the away kit the next year, not anymore though

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The little things that amuse me. Wife's car stereo connects to her phone and reads out Whatsapp messages in the usual digital monotone so I cut and paste whole sets of lyrics to cheesy songs and post them so she has to sit through them when she is on a long journey. Just got her with 'Last Xmas' in honour of the December Whamageddon.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The little things that amuse me. Wife's car stereo connects to her phone and reads out Whatsapp messages in the usual digital monotone so I cut and paste whole sets of lyrics to cheesy songs and post them so she has to sit through them when she is on a long journey. Just got her with 'Last Xmas' in honour of the December Whamageddon.
My last car did the same, via the Android Auto app. My son used to send comedy messages through with gibberish words. Hearing them spoken by a 1950's style BBC announcer used to tickle me enormously. You have taken it to a higher level using song lyrics, I applaud you (y):ROFLMAO: