Things That Gladden The Heart

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Caught the ferry from Kingswear to Dartmouth yesterday. What a beautiful crossing into Dartmouth it was. Anyway Dartmouth was rammed with young Navy officer trainees.It was there first day off after 6 weeks of training. They all looked Impeccably smart and very well behaved. There parents and spouses were also dressed very smart. It looked very “British” indeed. Dartmouth looked very nice and unspoilt and has managed to escape the route of tourist shops rammed with Far East rammel.
Have you caught the steam train to Paignton from Kingswear? Don't spend any time in Paignton, just get on the 1st one back (although the zoo is alright)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
The way that the infraction system works needs to be explained as some think that we ban people willy nilly.

A ban is triggered by people receiving multiple infractions, it’s all in the rules section in OOB

In this case the individual had many previous infractions and several temporary bans and was on a final warning for posting inflammatory material.

We are well aware of the tough year he has had personally, and trust me we have given him significant allowances over the last few months.

But enough is enough, the latest infraction took him well over 10 points which automatically triggers a ban, considering the final warning it was decided to make the ban permanent.

This decision is not up for discussion or debate.so please don’t.

Any comments on moderator decisions please message MarkT

I’ll reopen the thread in the morning for things that gladden the heart

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Have you caught the steam train to Paignton from Kingswear? Don't spend any time in Paignton, just get on the 1st one back (although the zoo is alright)

paignton and Brixham disappointed. But Dartmouth and Dawlish were lovely. Dropped a major goolie not spending more time at slapton and Salcombe

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
paignton and Brixham disappointed. But Dartmouth and Dawlish were lovely. Dropped a major goolie not spending more time at slapton and Salcombe
Don't find Salcombe to be that great tbh - very expensive and an absolute a**e to drive into & park. Hugely overhyped imo. Haven't got to Slapton but a few people have said that it's lovely.
Liked Brixham when we stayed there but that was about 10 years ago - like a few places, it might have suffered a bit

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
First round of winter golf today! Couldn't find ball amongst the leaves, ricochet up the arms when something's off centre, no roll on the fairways after yesterday deluge, ball doesn't go as far, bunker sand solid from the rain, greens slow! Loved it!

Last edited:

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
First round of winter golf today! Couldn't find ball amongst the leaves, ricochet up the arms when something's off centre, no roll on the fairways after yesterday deluge, ball dopesn't go as far, buner sand solid from thje rain, greens slow! Loved it!

Yes, and mine. Daft thing was, because the greens were slower( wet etc) decided to really hit the putt- and in they went! for a change.

RichA

Visit site
Don't find Salcombe to be that great tbh - very expensive and an absolute a**e to drive into & park. Hugely overhyped imo. Haven't got to Slapton but a few people have said that it's lovely.
Liked Brixham when we stayed there but that was about 10 years ago - like a few places, it might have suffered a bit
For me, Salcombe itself is a forgettable tourist trap, but the NT Overbeck's gardens above it is something to gladden the heart...
PHOTO-2021-10-21-17-35-02.jpg

D

Deleted member 15344

Daughter has normally been very scared of dogs - today school announced they are having a school dog and he was in today , after being nervous the daughter approached him and one lick on her face and she is in fits of giggles and loving the big soppy Labrador

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
Daughter has normally been very scared of dogs - today school announced they are having a school dog and he was in today , after being nervous the daughter approached him and one lick on her face and she is in fits of giggles and loving the big soppy Labrador

So many schools and teachers are brilliant - imaginative, creative and fantastic at helping children with all sorts of things. My daughter has been doing maths since the moment she walked in the door tonight, as her teacher has offered a Costco Muffin to the top ten on the class leaderboard for an online maths website. How to make them revise without telling them to revise!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

only a couple of steps from a puppy becoming part of the family Phil ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

So many schools and teachers are brilliant - imaginative, creative and fantastic at helping children with all sorts of things. My daughter has been doing maths since the moment she walked in the door tonight, as her teacher has offered a Costco Muffin to the top ten on the class leaderboard for an online maths website. How to make them revise without telling them to revise!

It’s brilliant - they have a letter competition and the winner gets a bottle of bubbles , it seems that by the end of the day every child has a bottle ?

only a couple of steps from a puppy becoming part of the family Phil ;)

Definitely- the argument will be which one , I would love a Westie , the wife a beagle ?